diponyou is offline Associate Member

trying to get bulky,workout plan tips needed.

ok,im 5'9 170lbs and im not sure on the body fat but its not high.my goal is to just get bulky,im not trying to get cut in any way my only goal is mass,im not super skinny either i have a natural decent size to me.well anyway.....my workout plan when i first started was:

m-chest
    t-back
    w-legs
    th-shoulders
    f-arms

well i talked to a personal trainer at my gym and he told me if i wanted to get bigger that i should hit everything twice a week.so lately i have been going with this schedule:

m-chest,tri
    t-back,bi
    w-legs,shoulders
    th-repeat
    f-
    s-

but ive been doing some reading and now im thinking i should go back to my old shedule. can anybody please help me out.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    ok,im 5'9 170lbs and im not sure on the body fat but its not high.my goal is to just get bulky,im not trying to get cut in any way my only goal is mass,im not super skinny either i have a natural decent size to me.well anyway.....my workout plan when i first started was:

m-chest
    t-back
    w-legs
    th-shoulders
    f-arms

well i talked to a personal trainer at my gym and he told me if i wanted to get bigger that i should hit everything twice a week.so lately i have been going with this schedule:

m-chest,tri
    t-back,bi
    w-legs,shoulders
    th-repeat
    f-
    s-

but ive been doing some reading and now im thinking i should go back to my old shedule. can anybody please help me out.
    Well seems to me like a lot of trainers dont know what theyre talking about. I know there are some here, so Im just saying the ones at my gym mostly. Once a week is all you should need that first routine is good you could try to put a rest day in btwn shoulders and arms if possible. Bulking and cutting is all about diet and cardio or lack thereof. Go to the Diet Forum and read the Cutting Sticky up top in red. That was a lifesaver for me.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    the trainer told u to train twice a week???
    ummmmmmm
    if your able to do every body part twice a week i would tell right now you arent training hard enough...
    just imo.......

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont train twice a week...and dont have a day just for shoulders thats kinda a waste considering you only need to do 9 sets for shoulders and like 4 for traps...so why dont you do this....
    Sunday-Legs
    Monday-Arms and shoulders (not traps)
    Tuesday-Rest
    Wednesday-Chest, abs
    Thursday-Back, traps
    Friday-Rest
    Saturday-Repeat

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    agreed....chest,,,coll,,kap,,, that trainer is full of $hit.. as a trainer my self i would never recommend 2s a week, one of the oldest sayings is less is more!
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-27-2005 at 09:18 AM.

Thread Information