jgg1221 is offline Member

back and legs have a lot of growing to do....

ok i could probably have a max dead lift of around 275lbs

a max squat at 240lbs (a$$ to the floor squats)

yeah i know those arent good numbers, especially considering my chest is the strongest

and my bench max is roughly 280lbs

this is because i only recently realized the important of doing squats and dead lifts... wish i had known before

anyways... in my years to come is it fair to expect a huge increase in my bench max as a result of getting my squats and dead lifts to max potential?
    Last edited by jgg1221; 08-28-2005 at 04:46 PM.

ward065 is offline Member
    i am in a similar boat that you are in. My max bench is about 305x7-8 now, completely down. My max squat is like 280x12 (ass to the floor) However, unlike you my max deadlift is 405x6- i have a stronger lower back.

It seems that your deadlift is in fact the weakest of all 3 lifts. it seems that whatever exercises you like doing you will get much better at than the ones you do not. For comparison, i love benching, and generally like deadlifts- but hate squats...

oh ive just started doing quads and deads on a routine basis now

im looking forward to future gains with this

ward065 is offline Member
    as for your question i have heard that an increase in squats and deads can help your bench- squats especially as squats work the abs, glutes and hams too.

well i guess the bottom line is if you have really puny legs and a big upper body, you will look funny..

cacti is offline Junior Member
    I'm a skinny freak, and haven't been lifting long, but as soon as I started doing the legwork like everyone preaches here, I started seeing some major improvements all around. It's good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    as for your question i have heard that an increase in squats and deads can help your bench- squats especially as squats work the abs, glutes and hams too.

well i guess the bottom line is if you have really puny legs and a big upper body, you will look funny..
    well its not a matter of genetics, i mean i guess you could just say its improper training

Flexor is offline Banned
    my legs were bigger to start with than my upper body after doing sprinting and cycling so I didn't bother paying too much attention to them. Now that my upper body has got a lot bigger and is in proportion to my legs I'm starting to realise the benefits of squats and deads

Thread Information