Thread: Different idea

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Different idea

I was just thinking about the fact that workouts raise protein synthesis and how that could be taken advantage of in the best way. Then it struck me I almost NEVER se workouts where one workout like 6-7 days a week but do VERY little each workout. Is there a reason no one does a routine like that? To me it seems like that bump up protein syntehsis almost 24/7 and if the workouts are short enough it wont be any more strenous then a regular 3-4 times a week routine

I was thinking something like this

Day 1:
    Deadlift
    Incline dumbelpress

Day 2:
    Hang clean and press
    Machine curls
    Legpress

Day 3:
    Barbel row
    Skullcrusher

Day 4:
    Seated dumbell curl
    Laterals

Day 5:
    Bench
    Rack chins

Day 6:
    Hacksquat
    Tate press

Day 4 is a day without heavy exercises to recharge a little extra. I would go very light on the laterals since shoulders gets secondarly hits so often during the other days. No ham exercises since I will do legpress with decently wide and high feet positioning.
    Calfs would be throw in on some day each week t hat I feel I have alot of energy probably day 4.
    No squats since I never squat and deadlift in the same routine.

Hang clean and press, bench and maby deadlift would be done with the 10*3 method. Rest of exercises 2 sets reps beeing changed.

Exercises not set in stone but chaning every 2 weeks or so.

Has anyone tried anything similar to this and how did it work?

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Yo bro, maybe you could write a log of your progress (How much you use each exercice each workout, your weight, etc.)

Who knows what kind of results you could get? You may be onto something!

Im not sure I will follow this just yet just a idea Im toying with. Probably needs some polishing. If I do use it I will post progress sure but it will be along with my bulk cycle aswell so no telling if its the juice or the routine that is working great

But it "feels" logical to me that hitting the body a bit but often would work better then alot seldomly. This is just taking that to the extreme I guess.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    that is a interesting idea johan, I may look more into your idea more, when are you thinking of doing a routine like this…how many sets per, exercise were you thinking of doing....and how would W/O ratio change? because of the shorter workouts...

I might start it next week if I decide to do it. All my gear arrives then aswell

2 sets and 5-15 reps(I will rotate rep range alot to keep things fresh) on most exercises except dead, hang clean and press and bench where I do 3*10(using 80% of max weight doing 10 sets of 3 reps with 60 seconds rest betwen sets. Only last 2-3 sets is to failure).

the hard thing to me feels like how I should space out the exercises betwen the days so nothing gets hit to hard secondarly. Anyone got any critique on the exercise makeup? I just threw it togheter fast so might have missed something.

Not sure what you mean with w/o ratio bro??

Quote Originally Posted by johan

Not sure what you mean with w/o ratio bro??
    I was just referring to post workout nutrition

I might start it next week if I decide to do it. All my gear arrives then aswell

2 sets and 5-15 reps(I will rotate rep range alot to keep things fresh) on most exercises except dead, hang clean and press and bench where I do 3*10(using 80% of max weight doing 10 sets of 3 reps with 60 seconds rest betwen sets. Only last 2-3 sets is to failure).
    sounds good, are looking forward to the 15 reps per set....its so much hard work..i love it....

ohh. I will use the same as usual I guess. Im toying with low gi carbs pwo and more carbs pre workout now so not much that need to change there. If I where to use dextrose I would cut it down a bit on the workouts that doesnt have a 3*10 exercise I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    sounds good, are looking forward to the 15 reps per set....its so much hard work..i love it....

same here I often go to 30-40 reps in hacks and legpress aswell. Love higher reps. Seems to grow better from them aswell.

same here I often go to 30-40 reps in hacks and legpress aswell. Love higher reps. Seems to grow better from them aswell.
    I use to go 3 weeks 15s, 3 weeks 8s, and repeat, it was the 15s that I never looked forward to, deads, back day, are a mission and a half….particularly with sorter rest periods.

damn 15 rep deads you have more balls then I do . When it comes to deads I never go above maby 7 reps

damn 15 rep deads you have more balls then I do . When it comes to deads I never go above maby 7 reps
    i have supersetted with deads, and wide bent rows, for 15 it is insane! and the pump is second to none..

Thread Information