kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

help with serratus

Okay so I just found out what a serratus is and how important it is to train because in a front double bi shot that ribcage just makes the chest look like s h i t. So how many sets for how many reps should i do a week? i weigh 205 at like 15 percent bodyfat and ive been training a year and a half (serious training almost a year). thanks to all who can help.

Flexor is offline Banned
    IMO, trying to train the serratus is like trying to isolate the Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus for finger extensions on a preacher pad

Its such a superficial exercise, pushing a barbell upwards with your ribs. Who actually trains the serratus individually?

Its worked enough with bench pressing because it helps pull the shoulder blade from the spine and in overhead presses and situps etc. Also serratus anterior doesn't cover the lower ribs, but you could inject synthol in the gap
    Last edited by Flexor; 08-30-2005 at 11:32 AM.

haha yeah right man..but in one of arnold's books he talks about how important it is to train the serratus and i think he recommends dumbell pullovers...any other opinions on this?

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Kneeling rope pulls are good.

Kreatine_Kid is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    IMO, trying to train the serratus is like trying to isolate the Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus for finger extensions on a preacher pad

I thinking in "Pumping Iron" you see Arnold perform the rope pull downs as mentioned in the above post! Not sure on the need though, unless your competing and its letting your physique down.

Im not competing but you can see my ribs when i do a front double bi shot and its weird because i am very bulky but my ribs still show and a front lat spread and on the double bi pose. and i think those rope pulldowns are for the abs.

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    These are great for the serratus:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...mPulldown.html

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i read the same thing and have put it into my back day. typically end back with 3-4 sets of dumbell pull overs pretty light, strict form with the elbows in. you'll def notice a difference not only in the "fullness" of your wings but in the widening of your rib cage.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    haha yeah right man..but in one of arnold's books he talks about how important it is to train the serratus and i think he recommends dumbell pullovers...any other opinions on this?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    i read the same thing and have put it into my back day. typically end back with 3-4 sets of dumbell pull overs pretty light, strict form with the elbows in. you'll def notice a difference not only in the "fullness" of your wings but in the widening of your rib cage.

Ditto...

Thread Information