9natural9 is offline Banned

bigkev, you SOB!!!

Hey bigkev, just kidding about that SOB stuff, but I just encorporated your workout routine yesteday with mine, and my GOD I cant raise my arms bro....my chest is spent. I had to prop my arm up against the wall to put deoderant on this morning, damn I love that routine. Thanks again bra...

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    hey 9, how much do you rest between sets and what do you do for a warm up? I saw the routine and it looks good,but I'm not sure I understand if you start out with the heaviest first and then go down or what? Teach O great one.

Heres the way I understand it to be:

Warm up consist of 10-8-5-2-then the next set is the start of the day 1 chest.....(the warm-up killed me by itself)

Rest no more than 30-45 seconds between sets, give or take depending on how you feel. I think its better to get a few more seconds rest and put up that last rep than to be to fatigued to do so....but keep in mind that all reps are to be AT COMPLETE MUSCLE FATIGUE

Day 1-chest
    Flat barbell bench press-4 sets, 2-5-8-10 reps
    Incline dumbbell press-4 sets, 6-8-12-12 reps
    Pec deck-3 sets, 10-16 reps
    Incline machine press-3 sets, 8-12 reps
    Cable crossovers-3 sets, 12-20 reps
    Last edited by 9natural9; 04-30-2002 at 02:21 PM.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Just stick with it bud, it will get better. You probally pushed your muscles to hard, and caused them to be sore. Hell I would give anything to be sore again, I just don't get sore anymore, just alittle tight, but not really sore. I used to actually love to be sore, makes me feel like I done something.. but now.. oh well..

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been doing Kev's routine for about a month now with great results. You think you're sore today? Wait until you do back tomorrow. Or shoulders the next day. Ah hell, you'll be toast by the weekend.

I love this routine.

yep, I do back today to. I was just thinking how glad I am that I have a easy day with back.....well I guess there goes that philosophy....damn it hurts and I love it!!!

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I just started bigkev's workout today and definately felt a difference from it compared to my old workout. I was wonder how long everybody else on this workout b/w sets and exercises. Also do you ever add any exercises in the mix, or just stick with same ones week after week?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by RebelMan
    I just started bigkev's workout today and definately felt a difference from it compared to my old workout. I was wonder how long everybody else on this workout b/w sets and exercises. Also do you ever add any exercises in the mix, or just stick with same ones week after week?
    You want to add exercises??? Really?? Bro, this isn't a flame but if you have any energy left at the end to do more exercises then you are simply doing it wrong.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I didnt mean add, I meant switch them up. Take one off then add another

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I do a variation of kev's routine i work 2 muscles a day and i do 4 exercises with 4 sets for each muscle and i rest 2 minutes in btween each exercise.

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    I do a variation too, usually taking out once exercise and replacing it w/ another.... Woke up today and im thinking dam im kinda sore... My partner goes, "hey, u feeling kinda sore today too?" .....lol.

What exercise do you warm up with? Is it the first one you are going to do that day? The routine sounds good, but is it geared more towards gaining size or getting cut?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I have been calling bigkev some bad names several times here lately too bro. Now it seems to hit the area I worked on the 2nd day after working it. Feels pretty good the next day, then I can barely get my ass out of bed the next!! lol You know what I mean!!??

peace,

ttgb

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    diesel knows his $hit. I agree with all that said. It mainly a mass builder program to asnwer your question vegas kid.

bty
    bty is offline New Member
    Well you guys have convinced me, I've been looking to switch up my routine, BigKev's it is starting next week!

Questions though, do you all have a problem with doing arms right after shoulders (specifically tris)? I use to do my arms day right after but have switched to making legs day 4 and arms day 5 (I usually dont get sore til the 3rd morning afterwards strange enough). I'm not questioning bigkev (lol, trust me!), just wondering.

Also, are you all just warming up using the first excercise from each day or are you warming up with each excercise (ie just warming up with flat barbell bench press of 10-8-5-2 or incline dumbell press too? [would be more of a factor on arms and shoulder days]).

I'm looking forward to this.

That question (warmup) sounds familiar, how bout a bump?

Vegas Kid, do the warm up like this 10-8-5-2 on bench then the next reps which will be 2-5-8-10 are your beginning sets. I do this specifically on every new station. i.e. bench/incline/ect...

did this help?

Yeah, you mean you do 8 sets of everything? That sounds like a shit load.

It is....

Thread Information