Thread: Progress

c_ville is offline Associate Member

Progress

I graduated last year (June 04) at 150 lbs, 5'11 or so with very minimal training experience. Basically, just pushups and situps from basketball and hockey practices. I had been to the gym ... maybe 10 times in my life and pretty much had no idea as to what to do. That summer, I was at the beach and I had my confidence broken... this girl I had shot down was speaking to me there and made a sarcastic crack to me about how it appears as if I live in the gym. I had abs because of low body fat ... but I was (still am, kind of) pretty pinner. Anyways, this served as motivation to be more than "the smart guy who can run fast". I began to do what I'm good at, and read/researched how to meet my goal of growing a more muscular physique. In this process, I found AR ... and it has been the main source of my information. I was considering taking steroids to speed up the process... but everything I read here suggested that steroids do not serve the purpose that I wanted. I would like to thank everybody for the advice, even if it meant losing a potential client.

A year and a couple months passed, I am up about 25lbs to 174-177 lbs with a similar body fat percentage (around 10-11). All of my lifts have gained exponentially, and I have muscles developing that I didn't even know existed. I have actually became a faster runner and my vertical has grown from 27' to 36' because of training... which was my biggest reservation about weight training and becoming heavier. I would just like to thank everybody in this forum as what they have taken the effort to write has made a difference.

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Oh, and I am not complacent, either. I am well aware that I have only scratched the surface ... but I think I am officially addicted to lifting now

Thread Information