bbplayer9 is offline New Member

chest and triceps or chest and biceps

a lot of workout plans tell you to work triceps on the same day you do chest, which gives pretty good results, but after a while someone came and told to do chest and biceps instead and i thought about it and makes sense to me. When you do chest you r automatically working your triceps and then when you go do triceps they r half way tired so u r not able to do as much as u really could. can you guys give me some info on this.

ward065 is offline Member
    chest and biceps is probably the best idea- push and pull

some like chest and back, as it is push and pull but it can be too much to work in a single training session.

chest and triceps is alright too, but like you said it may be better to spread it out a bit more with chest and biceps. Similarly, many people say with back and biceps they are too tired to work biceps on that day- back and shoulders, or back and triceps seems to possibly be better for optimum results.

chest6 is offline Banned
    chest-tris.i got to the point where my tris were too tired when i got to them. If I did arms on their own day...i could do like 20% more weight.

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    chest-tris.i got to the point where my tris were too tired when i got to them. If I did arms on their own day...i could do like 20% more weight.
    That is true for me too... My train is more gainable when doing this too...

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i usually burn my triceps out pretty bad benching, so now its shoulders and tris for me. works way better, imo.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer9
    a lot of workout plans tell you to work triceps on the same day you do chest, which gives pretty good results, but after a while someone came and told to do chest and biceps instead and i thought about it and makes sense to me. When you do chest you r automatically working your triceps and then when you go do triceps they r half way tired so u r not able to do as much as u really could. can you guys give me some info on this.
    This is correct but it works both ways, if you don’t do not do tris, with chest, you will work them on a additional day during the week bringing your triceps training up to twice a week.

Flexor is offline Banned
    For me working the chest and triceps works well because my shoulders get such a good working I might as well do it all together. I don't do any shoulder exercises apart from 3 sets of dumbell presses cuz they grow so well just from benches, dips and flyes for chest

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    This is correct but it works both ways, if you don’t do not do tris, with chest, you will work them on a additional day during the week bringing your triceps training up to twice a week.

thats true also, i personally like doing bics and trcs on the same day and then chest and back on separate days.

thats true also, i personally like doing bics and trcs on the same day and then chest and back on separate days.
    Yes, at the end of the day it comes down to what works best for, you and what suits you…

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    its all about chest n tris, pushing exercises work ur tris harder than nethin else, so take advantage of it.

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    yeah I usually do push exercises seperated from pull exercises

hey man, whats up with the yawning, why cant i stop yawning sometimes when im working out, does it happen to any of yall?

hey man, whats up with the yawning, why cant i stop yawning sometimes when im working out, does it happen to any of yall?
    Are yes the yawning, I no plenty of ppl that yawn during training, it’s a indication that you don’t want to be doing what your doing, I sometimes get it on legs day but not often… have you ever gone to work with a job that you hate, and start yawning for no reason, same thing, that has happened to me....

so, does that have any effect on the results, or maybe it means lack of energy, cuz lately i've noticed that on the days that im yawning weights feel a lil heavier, yo do u know how to develop fast twitch muscle fiber?

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    I dig chest and back on the same day just because the whole upper body gets such a tremendous pump. Its friggin great!

Flexor is offline Banned
    godkilla & devilman208, i'm lovin those avatars

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Yawning is also a sign that your brain or lungs are not getting enough oxygen - - so if you're working out, you're just waking up those areas to get them to take in more oxygen. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Yawning is also a sign that your brain or lungs are not getting enough oxygen - - so if you're working out, you're just waking up those areas to get them to take in more oxygen. Just my opinion.
    good advice...

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    for hypertrophy training (muscle size) its the accumultive effect of the total sets with low rest between sets that stimulate muscle growth. you to do the next set before creatine stores ahve replenished (2min) so one min rest. thats why pecs,shoulders and tri's are usually together because your training your muscles under a pre fatigued state , body adapts = increase muscle size.

if you want to increase strngth its opposite, muscles and synergists on different days, you want to do maximum lifts so muscles in fresh state. that means high rest .

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I dig chest/sh/tris, back/bis.......

~SC~

i was talking to an ex bodybuilder and he told me that the most important thing about working out is the rest, this is what i was doing:
    mon;chst/trs/shldrs
    tu:bck/bis
    wed:legs/abs
    thumon)
    fritu)
    satwed)
    sun:rest
    that way i would give every muscle section 48hrs rest but then the guy told me to throw a rest day every 2 days instead so that would give you 72 hrs. what so u guys think of that, is that any similar to what ur doing?

Thread Information