SoulCard is offline Associate Member

YUP...another routine criique...

hey all, lifting bout 4 years now, doin a prop cycle, 6' tall, bout 190 lbs @ bout 10-12%bf...heres my proposed new routine

Mon:Bench, incline, dumbell flys, cables
    Tues: strt bar curls, seated curls, preacher bar curls, preacher dumbell curls
    Wed: close grip, two handed pushes, one handed pushes, wieghted dips and dips
    Thurs: deadlifts, lat pulls, seated rows, bent rows, weighted pull up, pull ups
    Fri: squats, sled, military presss, dumbell pressses, clean and presss
    Sat:Off
    Sun: Off

...so have at it guys!...Lemme know what ya think!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JSAM
    hey all, lifting bout 4 years now, doin a prop cycle, 6' tall, bout 190 lbs @ bout 10-12%bf...heres my proposed new routine

Tues: strt bar curls, seated curls, preacher bar curls, preacher dumbell curls pick 3
    Wed: close grip, two handed pushes, one handed pushes, wieghted dips and dips pick 3
    Thurs: deadlifts, lat pulls, seated rows, bent rows, weighted pull up, pull ups pick 4

bold

...think I'm overworkin on those days?....Bump for others?

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya too many sets for those small muscle groups

ya i hear ya...jus seems like if im able to, why not, but perhaps ill dial it down a notch...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by JSAM

Tues: strt bar curls, seated curls, preacher bar curls, preacher dumbell curls
    Wed: close grip, two handed pushes, one handed pushes, wieghted dips and dips
    Thurs: deadlifts, lat pulls, seated rows, bent rows, weighted pull up, pull ups

you may wish ot do it like this

Mon:Bench, incline, dumbell flys, 2x flat 3xincline 2x flys

Tues: strt bar curls, hammer curls, preacher bar curls, x2 for each

Wed: weighted dips skullkrushers, close grip, pushdown or seat ex, x2 of each

Thurs: deadlifts, bent rows, weighted pull up, pull down, one arm rows, x2 of each

Fri: squats, leg press, dumbbell presses, clean and press side latralls rear delts

personally i would change the days to...

1 back
    2 triceps
    3 legs
    4 biceps
    5 chest shoulders
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-30-2005 at 01:33 AM.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    You guys feel doing something like just bis in a day or just tris is benefitial and helps? WHat is you set/rep scheme? Must take like 30 mins, no?

well...it can if ya push it, but one of the advantages for me is the time spent with work schedules...also, I can spend 30-40 min on one body part, get enought sets in with a very decent amount of rest time inbetween sets which personally i feel lets me go heavier...also to me helps prevent muscle soreness due to overlap (eg, bench and tris)...each group is fresh when it has its turn...

Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    You guys feel doing something like just bis in a day or just tris is benefitial and helps?
    yes that’s right 30 mins, at the most, with the 5 day split I recommended you can see that bis, and tris, are placed away from there overlapping exercises and workouts I.e chest and back, in doing this you minimize the work in these areas giving adequate recovery time, making the 5 day split, in my eyes approachable, as a natty I have used this routine with good results, Your views are appreciated.

I am also a fan of the abbreviated routines as follows...

Back legs bicep
    Off
    Off
    chest should triceps
    Off

midrange multiple joint exercises only...
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-31-2005 at 03:08 AM.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    i think training chest one day and triceps 2 days later is overtraining, if u train hard enuf on chest day, ur triceps shud be too sore to train them again 2 days later, especially with dips that work ur chest as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    i think training chest one day and triceps 2 days later is overtraining, if u train hard enuf on chest day, ur triceps shud be too sore to train them again 2 days later, especially with dips that work ur chest as well!!
    yes that is right the reason I put chest /shoulders together is because I think the one body part that has the highest potential for overlapping is anterior delts during chest, so putting then together would be more beneficial than triceps in a 5 day split, so with triceps on Tuesday, that’s no to near chest so you get the best of both worlds...

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    yes that is right the reason I put chest /shoulders together is because I think the one body part that has the highest potential for overlapping is anterior delts during chest, so putting then together would be more beneficial than triceps in a 5 day split, so with triceps on Tuesday, that’s no to near chest so you get the best of both worlds...
    yeh totally agree, i find my front delts get trained so hard and grow so well just from chest day that on shoulder day i onli do lat raises and bent over lat raises, otherwise my shoulders wud b out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    yeh totally agree, i find my front delts get trained so hard and grow so well just from chest day that on shoulder day i onli do lat raises and bent over lat raises, otherwise my shoulders wud b out of proportion.
    me to,, i just Do 3 sets of laterals after chest and that me shoulders done. I hit rear delts, on back day..

Thread Information