IronCy is offline Senior Member

Polar HR monitor Review

I got a Polar HR monitor a couple weeks ago...F6 model...it is probably one of the best investments I have made in quite some time. It does a great job of tracking my HR during/after workouts/calculates calories burned/tracks workout time in target hr zone/real time alerts for when you fall out of the target zone/etc....the real-time feedback is very encouraging, and definitely helps me keep a positive attitude about training during training. I constantly found myself second guessing my intensity during cardio, "am i working hard enough?, am I working too hard?" This device will definitely help answer those questions. I know most cardio machines have HR monitors, but I have recently found that the readings from my HR monitor are most of the time, higher then what I would see from the HR monitor of the equipment--which could be a good or bad thing, depending on the type of training.. Just thought I would provide a little feedback on the purchase, it was a pretty entry level HRM, only $99.....if anyone has any questions, feel free to post.
    -Cy

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    That was my next purchase. Good to know someone likes it. thanks

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    does the f6 look like a watch?

yeah, its pretty plain...black strap, black face. let me see if i can find a pic.
    -Cy

here it is
    -Cy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polar HR monitor Review-polar_f6_blk_heart_monitor.jpg  

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    does it connect to you somehow or does it measure pulse at the wrist, I need a good HR watch to konitor my heartrate during acsents this winter, I do a lot of mountaineering at 12,000+ feet and I'm always concerned I'm working my body way to hard, I'd like to get some real time data while I'm hiking/climbing

It comes with a chest strap. The watch receives the signal from the chest strap...if the cardio machine you are on has a HR monitor, its most likely a Polar, so the machine will automatically pic up and display the information from the chest strap, rather then the handle sensors.
    -Cy

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Is the chest strap cumbersome? Could I ski with it comfortably? Does it limit movement or anything?

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Is the chest strap cumbersome? Could I ski with it comfortably? Does it limit movement or anything?

at first i thought it would take some getting used to, but it didn't really bother me too much, i mean your still wearing something around your chest... def worth buying one i have the F6 too, good stuff

The chest strap doesnt bother me at all. I dont think that it would interfere in any activity.
    -Cy

Thread Information