ThePhoenix is offline New Member

alternating low rep/high rep weeks?

I am about to start a new routine. After reading SC's leg routine,
    I considering alternating that with my current workout every week. Then the thought crossed my mind to alternate low reps with high reps for ever bodypart. One week low reps the next week high reps. what do you guys think?

kikiboi is offline Junior Member
    thats awsome thats what i do, and i have notice better gains in strength.
    one week i will work with a strength rep range, 8-12, and then the next for mass 4-6.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    it might be even better to go heavy triples 1st week, then heavy singles 2nd week, then go in the 10 rep range for active recovery. there are lots of ways to periodize training, bt believe you me it's necessary to break it up some way as going heavy more than 3 weeks in a row starts to strain the central nervous system like no other.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
    it might be even better to go heavy triples 1st week, then heavy singles 2nd week, then go in the 10 rep range for active recovery. there are lots of ways to periodize training, bt believe you me it's necessary to break it up some way as going heavy more than 3 weeks in a row starts to strain the central nervous system like no other.
    yup. Right now im doin powerlifting stuff and I will work with 95-100+% of my max for 3 weeks and then work one week light dumbbells and speed work only with 60% of my max for 3 reps. After this I change my max effort exercise. More than 3 weeks at maximum weights, progress is stopped and may even start working the other way.

ThePhoenix is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup. Right now im doin powerlifting stuff and I will work with 95-100+% of my max for 3 weeks and then work one week light dumbbells and speed work only with 60% of my max for 3 reps. After this I change my max effort exercise. More than 3 weeks at maximum weights, progress is stopped and may even start working the other way.
    ah i didn't know that. thanks for the info guys. i think i will try this. i might just go light every 3 weeks.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix
    ah i didn't know that. thanks for the info guys. i think i will try this. i might just go light every 3 weeks.
    given when i mean heavy i mean as much as you can do one time for many sets

Thread Information