KingMike is offline Associate Member

16 days, no rest,cutting

I am cutting and have increased strength for over 2 weeks with a 1 on 1 off split and I do cardio every morning for 45 minutes at 75-80% and twice on non lift days. I have lost about 5 pounds of fat while keeping or gaining a little mass. I have never been this long without rest and was wondering what you guys thought. I have had NO cheat meals, cheat days or even refeed days while eating 60-160 carbs a day with 25o-280 protein and fat with the non carb meals. at 2100-2250 calories.

I have no clue how some guys can only take in less than 150 grams of carbs/day and function. When my carbs get that low I become a walking zombie, hardly enough energy to get to the gym. I'd def throw in a carb up day there, maybe every three days take in 3-400 grams of carbs. Your metabolism will stay firing this way, when you stay too low for too long progress slows down almost to a hault(depending on body type as well) And for God sakes man, have a cheat meal at least once a week!!!! If you are dieting tight and training hard, one cheat a week is not going to hurt you, especially only 2 weeks into your routine. Good luck!!!

If I were to take a day and eat 300-400 grams of carbs coming from oats, yams, skim milk and oyher healthy stuff and up my calories from 2200 to around 3500, what are the odds of fat gain? Would it be more beneficial to do this on a rest day? I already did cardio today and I am starting to feel the effects of no rest for 2 weeks.

alo5603 is offline Member
    Dude you need a cheat meal bad right about now. Your body is going to hault itself anytime now and your fat loss will be diminished. Your not going to gain in one day, i do it once every week where i eat literally all day and then start over the next day. Im currently in a cutter as well and i lose about a lb a week of fat. Give it a try, at least for minds sake, your gonna go crazy lol.

alo

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    ur strength will dissapear to, i kept stable strength fo the first 2 weeks, then the 3rd week, oh dear!!

I have been cutting for 6 weeks with no strength loss. The first 4 weeks I had 2 entire cheat days and 2 entire clean refeeds. The past 2 + weeks I dropped the cheats and refeeds and feel alot better. I have had a cheat day every week for the past 3 years. I lost 100 pounds in that time frame. Do you think my body is used to cheat days so I can get away with it. I did ckd with a HUGE cheat day, buffets, pie, everything and still lost 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week. I have never tried eating clean for an extended period of time and I think that is what is holding me back from losing all my lower belly fat, and skin for that matter.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Theres a thread in the diet forum, that has interesting information on the "cheat day". Brings out how its not nessesary in the first phase of cutting. I'll try n find it

Thread Information