trouble with a good taper..

hey guys Wanted to see if anyone has a good/ different approaches to getting a good taper on your waist. I'm a baseball player and i'm trying to get my core lean.. nothing is working. its gotta be my nutrition but currently i'm bulking so i'm not worried this is for future reference. Just lokoing for any personal success with either diet or workout

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    .. you can gain a taper even with a big waist, like 36-38 inchs.. Train that back!!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    On your bulking phase, try to space the meals out as evenly, throughout the day, as possible. You can still eat the same amount of calories, it's just that your body will utilize your nutrition more efficiently. When you eat a massive amount of food in a few settings, your stomach will distend. Your body won't be able to utilize the massive amounts of macronutrients and the excess will be stored as bodyfat. Very common with college athletes that eat on campus. With more portions throughout the day, your stomach will not distend as much and your body will utilize the macronutrients more efficiently.
    Last edited by striker93; 09-05-2005 at 09:04 PM.

thanks very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    On your bulking phase, try to space the meals out as evenly, throughout the day, as possible. You can still eat the same amount of calories, it's just that your body will utilize your nutrition more efficiently. When you eat a massive amount of food in a few settings, your stomach will distend. Your body won't be able to utilize the massive amounts of macronutrients and the excess will be stored as bodyfat. Very common with college athletes that eat on campus. With more portions throughout the day, your stomach will not distend as much and your body will utilize the macronutrients more efficiently.
    thanks for the intuition. will consider it

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    For hip flexor work, the Power Wheel II is my personal favorite. DB side bends and russian twists are for the obliques. I like using the heavy db crunch on the stability ball as my staple ab exercise. Make sure you get a good pre-stretch in the abs. Have double the weight anchoring your feet that you are crunching with.
    Last edited by striker93; 09-09-2005 at 07:17 PM.

my obliques are whats really killin my taper. I think its just where my body stores fat first ya know? i've always had a bit of love handles but now that i'm bulking its just more noticable

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatbadass
    my obliques are whats really killin my taper. I think its just where my body stores fat first ya know? i've always had a bit of love handles but now that i'm bulking its just more noticable
    When my brother is bulking, if his obliques are giving him problems, he'll use some clen until he achieves the level of leanness he desires. Not sure how you feel about using clen but it works for him.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Try a cleaner bulk, or list your diet and we might be able to help more. If you have excess fat, stop bulking and cut your bf down and start it up again. If you not an ecto, it's hard to bulk continiously. Some people use the term bulk as an excuse to eat bad.

no i'm not eating bad at all
    Stats
    currently 207 lbs on 6th week of 500mg test E. 5'11" was about 190 before cycle started. strictly running 500mg test e a week with nothing else. First cycle.

Diet. 6 am
    oatmeal somewhere around 80 carbs and 6 egg whites

8:30 or so weight gainer shake 50 g pro 88 g carbs
    classes
    11:30 lunch usually like subway or a sandwich shop. i'll get the 12in chicken with green pepper cheese on wheat bread.

2ish another weight gainer shake 50 g 88carbs
    Work out
    5-6 2 chicken breasts and 100g carbs of rice
    ?? maybe a peanut butter sandwich before bed

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    For some a taper is easier than others, it's genetic to a point as well.

Some people have a blocky straight waist that makes it harder, while others have a small waist that makes it easier.

~SC~

You need to decide what your goal is. Bulk or cut, you have already gained almost 20lbs, some of which is water weight. You stated this is for future reference, so after your bulk is over, ditch your current diet and go to one that is more for fatloss and preserving muscle. btw, you don't eat enough fat in your diet. unsat that is. Also how much water do you consume/day.

Phixion is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatbadass
    Not trying to get off topic here, but how many of you actually work out obliques?? and if so what exercise(s) is/are your fav...I once read in a fitness magazine that building obliques thicken the stomach and makes it appear more bulky rather than lean, thus taking away from the V-taper and ab contrast ....But then again a lot of what is written is BullSh*t

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
    Not trying to get off topic here, but how many of you actually work out obliques?? and if so what exercise(s) is/are your fav...I once read in a fitness magazine that building obliques thicken the stomach and makes it appear more bulky rather than lean, thus taking away from the V-taper and ab contrast ....But then again a lot of what is written is BullSh*t
    It's an old-school approach to not train the obliques. If you're going to bodybuild, why not develop every muscle to its fullest. Afterall, does Mr. Olympia R.C. have a pleasing physique? No! He is a mass monster and that's what wins today. I like to train the obliques with heavy db side bends, through a full ROM, and with a rotary torso machine.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    You need to decide what your goal is. Bulk or cut, you have already gained almost 20lbs, some of which is water weight. You stated this is for future reference, so after your bulk is over, ditch your current diet and go to one that is more for fatloss and preserving muscle. btw, you don't eat enough fat in your diet. unsat that is. Also how much water do you consume/day.
    About a gallon a day. well i often replace fish with the chicken.. what other ways to get my fat upped?
    Edit: what kind of diet is best for fat loss and preserving muscle. can you show me like a example or like a break down of meals, and protein, fats, carbs per day?
    Last edited by Wildcatbadass; 09-09-2005 at 10:55 PM. Reason: forgot something

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixion
    I never train obliques on purpose!

I find it HILARIOUS when I see people (women mostly) grabbing 20 lb. d-bells and doing these "side bends" as if they are going to magically work off the fat that is there, when they should have their fat ass on the treadmill.

I feel like saying, "Hey, all you are doing is making your waist THICKER", which is exactly what they are doing, but alas I don't have time to tell each person this. They are building their waist thicker and doing nothing to burn off the fat, which will in turn push the fat out FURTHER making their waist even bigger.

Ugggh, some people.

~SC~

very true SC

WildCat: check out the diet forum, there is TONS of info. there on exactly what you need to know. good luck.

ok cool yah this prolly shoulda been moved to that forum

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    If u have a naturally large or blocky waist, there isnt much u can do about it, except to get as much fat off as u can and try and create the illusion of a small waist, by widening ur delts, lats and building up ur outer thigh sweep. Train abs hard, especially the lower abs and dont train obliques!!

Thread Information