LionsGate is offline Associate Member

smaller legs please

ive been trying to summon up the courage all day to ask this. my question is
    what excercises would be good to lean out my legs? i have always had mass

in my legs and glutes. im not saying they are huge but i would like to get
    them leaner and smaller.

about a year ago i used to run every three days
    on average 5 miles for six months, they did slim up a little due to muscle loss. but i still had

some overall chub obviously cuz i was not at 65-75% heart rate. they still looked about the size of a conditioned running back, not the bus or lewis. no wieghts during that time either.

ive always been a thick guy with a big bone structure. i played middle line backer and full back in high school. no im not bragging, just an example that i have always had a big frame.

this question may seem odd to some but i do appreciate and seek the good
    advice people give on the boards.

stats as of today are:
    26 years old
    221.4 lbs
    6'1"
    legs 24"
    glutes 43"!!
    waist 39.5" (would like to get to 36 maybe even 34)
    chest 42 (not as lean as it could be)

i still only dropped down to 202 lbs when i was running every other day.

i dont mind if the advice i get will cause me to lose some muscle in my legs.
    im not that crazy about saving my mass as much as i am to be a little more
    slim.

my goal is 190-195 and that should be in the low double digits bf% i
    have lost some body fat following the cutting sticky in the last month.

chest6 is offline Banned
    24 is by no means gigantic or anything...Um run all day dont eat and dont train legs...

kidding. I dont see why you would want to do this. "Leaning out" is done by decreasing bodyfat..which is done by proper diet and cardio.

correction 25in. sorry. yeah i clarified that they are not huge just a little thick looking. i dont like it and really isnt that all that matters? your right 24 is not huge but they still look to big in a suit. im not a bb by any stretch of the imagination, dont care to be. so having "huge legs" isnt a priority. i do have a great deal of respect for bbs though. they got that sh down to a science and put a whole hell of alot of time reaching their goals, that is very admirable. as for me i like being slender and fit, 202 lbs was nice. just want to lower my bf% a little bit, keep my heart and body healthy and focus on areas im not satisfied with. this is not unusual considering there are threads littered on the board asking about fat abs, small arms etc(parts they are not satisfied with right?) this is no different. i know diet and cardio will help, and it has, like i said i have lost inches from my chest and waist but not the legs and glutes. but i cant just neglect them either. i was asking if there is anything i could do with weights or other serious suggestions people may have. i know lower body is 10-12 reps to build, but i thought maybe i should do 20-30. i dont know, thats why i asked.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    24 is by no means gigantic or anything...Um run all day dont eat and dont train legs...

kidding. I dont see why you would want to do this. "Leaning out" is done by decreasing bodyfat..which is done by proper diet and cardio.
    Ditto.

~SC~

collar is offline Anabolic Member

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Bro you need to concentate on your diet and lose some of weight from your mid section.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    i'm a sprinter @ the same weight you're @ but my legs ae right about 30". You don't need to lean out @ 25". You can't spot reduce for fat reduction so go get your diet in check and everything else will fall into place.

I don't understand how 25"'s can look to big in a suit. especially w/ the size waist you have. I wear a 34 waist and typically wear 36 and 38 inch pants to fit my legs(http://67.18.108.244//attachment.php?attachmentid=49749). And while my legs look big, people certainly dont notice my quad size in a suit.

damn meal ill put my money on you for the races.

thanks all, i knew it would strike most as an odd question. but moreless i just dont want my ass to get bigger with lifting wieghts, since most of the advice on the boards is "how to get bigger". i just thought i could get some advice for how many reps or excerices i should do to help reach my paticular goal.

Thread Information