jdog55 is offline Associate Member

impossible to lose stomach fat?

This has bothered me for a long time. I've been working out for years. Have done some nice cycles and i'm very low bodyfat except for my stomach. I mean so low that anywhere on my body except my abs and my chest you can't pinch anything but skin. My abs look good when i'm standing up but when i sit down it flabs over my belt. I've always had this problems though. I'm 195 now but even when i was 6'0 135 lbs in jr high I still had this stomach fat.

Do you guys think it's possible to lose it or do I need surgery? Thx for the advice.

Jdog55

Flexor is offline Banned
    i have exactly the same problem, i'm 140lbs and my body is ripped with no fat except my stomach has enough to stop my abs showing and yeah the flab spills over when i sit down. I think its genetics which means fat goes on your stomach first rather than anywhere else and its the hardest to get rid of because its a reserve store. I'm not sure i'll ever get rid of it

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Check out this thread bloated mid-section

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    anyone ever heard of some liquid you inject into the fat and it burns it?

Pgfa2 and theres a new compound being researched currently not sure of the name

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    anyone ever heard of some liquid you inject into the fat and it burns it?

wasnt cycleon working on something like that before he left the board?

anyway I have the same problem. My stomach can be decently lean when standing but when sitting there is lots and lots of flab. For me its a combination of it beeing a easy fat storage area to my body and the fact that I have plenty of lose skin that makes it look worse.

Have you ever been obese?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog55
    Do you guys think it's possible to lose it or do I need surgery? Thx for the advice.

Jdog55
    W/out pictures to see what you are referring to, I'm afraid it's next to impossible to be able to answer this inquiry w/any decent level of accuracy.

~SC~

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    basically

in males adipose tissue is stored on the stomach posterior hips and butt first before any other site.
    when loosing weight these are the areas adipose is burnt off last after every other site.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    i feel ur guys pain man

__Black is offline New Member
    man i do feel ur pain, im in basically the same problem
    been doing 40 minutes of cardio a day and taking l-carnitine to see if it helps

alo5603 is offline Member
    well if its truly fat on the outside of the muscles that is( caught myself this time swole), then you may want to consider liposuction. Im not saying that everybody should do it, just if you have been dieting and training like a madman for so long and havent see that sh** come off, lipo will help. I have seen its magic on my cousin, he had the same problem and now he looks great aroung the midsection. Just my opinion.

Alo

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    same here bro, ive givin up. maybe ill be rich someday and get lipo.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i take that back, ill never give up

Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    well if its truly fat on the outside of the muscles that is( caught myself this time swole), then you may want to consider liposuction. Im not saying that everybody should do it, just if you have been dieting and training like a madman for so long and havent see that sh** come off, lipo will help. I have seen its magic on my cousin, he had the same problem and now he looks great aroung the midsection. Just my opinion.

Alo
    Hahaah, cool for catching yourself!

Problem w/lipo is this. It's TEMPORARY, and if you don't have sound nutritional practices in place to keep fat OFF and to stay in ripped/lean shape, you will be spending close to $10,000 for nothing.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Problem w/lipo is this. It's TEMPORARY, and if you don't have sound nutritional practices in place to keep fat OFF and to stay in ripped/lean shape, you will be spending close to $10,000 for nothing.

~SC~
    temporary?? Doesnt lipo suck all the fat cells and when youre an adult you can make any new ones?? yeah you have to still eat rite I guess but Meh Im confused now

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    lipo is not a healthy way to get rid of fat. It means more fat will be stored around the internal organes because the exterior fat has been removed. Fat storage around the organs is a much bigger health risk.

pyschomav is offline Junior Member

I HAVE TO AGREE with Swolecat

hahahhaha Ive known friends that have gotten lipo and at first it worked ...but like Swole said if you dontkeep up the nutrition...its back to the beginning again....and prolly with more scars..
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

Yup, it's true!

Many think it's a quick fix, but it's only a "fix" if you know how to keep it off, in which case you could have dieted it off in the first place and saved yourself about 10 G's and some scars!

~SC~

alo5603 is offline Member
    no lipo is permanent, my friends a plastic surgeon. It sucks the fat cells right out of a specific area and after that, you wont gain fat in that area cuz the cells are no longer there. And no, you cant grow new ones either cuz it actually leaves scar tissue on the inside. BUT........ if you eat like crap afterwards, you can still get fat. It will just put it somewhere else like say you had your lower abs done, then the fat will go to the upper.... which would suck cuz then it could droop over the lower abs and you would look really weird with a gut at the middle of your torso lol.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    has anyone used injectable l-carnitine? I've seen this stuff beeing sold as an injectable fat burner...

Thread Information