KingMike is offline Associate Member

Not sore=Stalling

I am cutting and on a 1 on 1 off push pull leg routine and do not get sore anymore, Is this a problem? I am gaining strength. It seems like when I do alot of cardio cutting that I do not get as sore, go figure.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    I am cutting and on a 1 on 1 off push pull leg routine and do not get sore anymore, Is this a problem? I am gaining strength. It seems like when I do alot of cardio cutting that I do not get as sore, go figure.
    Don't worry about it, it's normal. When cutting, most people can only hope to maintain their gains, not improve. You're actually improving your strength levels; that's amazing. When you do more cardio., it helps your legs recover faster from workouts. More blood is being transported to your legs and oxygen and nutrients help the muscles recover quicker. When I was personal training and I had a new client, I found tell them to do some cardio after their first strength training workout. If they didn't, the soreness would be much worse.

KingMike is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the help. So when I start bulking should I keep cardio in every morning to help with soreness? Right now I do 9 45-50 minute sessions a week and love it. I will make sure calories are up ta par but I do not think that I need to add more than 2-300 calories a day to offset the cardio when I go for mass for 3 or 4 months.

Thread Information