Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: pecs

  1. #1
    jwet's Avatar
    jwet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norrlands skogar
    Posts
    122

    pecs

    My pecs are in different size, it really bugs my. I been working my chest with dumbells only for a year hoping it would level out but it hasenīt, what to do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,901
    Try using a heavier one on the smaller pec!

  3. #3
    jwet's Avatar
    jwet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norrlands skogar
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Try using a heavier one on the smaller pec!
    Hmm, gonna try it, tnx

  4. #4
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    I would you the same weight db's and perform extra repetitions on the smaller pec side. This is the method that I prefer because when you do a unilateral exercise you can focus all of your energy (nervous system) onto that smaller pec.

  5. #5
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    If you've been using correct form then the imbalance that you have is most likely genetic IMO, but you can probably correct it

  6. #6
    jwet's Avatar
    jwet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norrlands skogar
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    If you've been using correct form then the imbalance that you have is most likely genetic IMO, but you can probably correct it
    I think itīs genetic. My right latīs smaller to.

    Gonna try strikers advice

    tnx yaīll

  7. #7
    theshiz777 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA/Italy
    Posts
    143
    Do you use a spotter? Have a spotter help you squeeze out a few more reps on the weaker side. will work

  8. #8
    wolfyEVH's Avatar
    wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by jwet
    My pecs are in different size, it really bugs my. I been working my chest with dumbells only for a year hoping it would level out but it hasenīt, what to do?
    most people have different sized pecs, lats, arms, etc. its mainly genetics.

  9. #9
    Cotton is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31
    Yes it's genetics. I'm the same way. My right is smaller. The reason is the shape of my sternum. My son is the same way. I think I will try strikers approach.

  10. #10
    tiger909's Avatar
    tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    1,385
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Try using a heavier one on the smaller pec!
    uhh...NEVER do that....not only will the sizes be different, but the strengths will fluctuate also.........try continuing w/ dumbells but concentrate especially on the weaker one with pecs...and use more triceps for the stronger one

  11. #11
    oneluckymonkey is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    9
    guys, those reps won't necessarily help.
    Maybe it its ur genetics, but always watch your form. get a spotter that doesn't just spots you and pushes you but get one thatll watch you too.
    I see it all the time where guys are doing dumbbell s and its obvious that there chest isn't equaling out cus they tend to push there left side of ther body deep into the bench, and just a bunch of other crazy habits. Just watch the form, make sure your grip is equal, and then your chest should equal out. I've spent 1 year testing how to even out my chest and doing heavier weights on one side or more reps only screws you up even more ie your laggin side's shoulder or tricep will get bigger cus your lagging chest isn't necessarily being worked out.

    I hope this sin't too confusing and hope it helps

  12. #12
    Flexor is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    L'Inghilterra
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by oneluckymonkey
    guys, those reps won't necessarily help.
    Maybe it its ur genetics, but always watch your form. get a spotter that doesn't just spots you and pushes you but get one thatll watch you too.
    I see it all the time where guys are doing dumbbell s and its obvious that there chest isn't equaling out cus they tend to push there left side of ther body deep into the bench, and just a bunch of other crazy habits. Just watch the form, make sure your grip is equal, and then your chest should equal out. I've spent 1 year testing how to even out my chest and doing heavier weights on one side or more reps only screws you up even more ie your laggin side's shoulder or tricep will get bigger cus your lagging chest isn't necessarily being worked out.

    I hope this sin't too confusing and hope it helps
    You're exactly right. You can't work one pec and not the other because your shoulder will massively overcompensate with the dumbells. If the pec in question doesn't grow with the balanced intensity of heavy mass exercises like barbell bench and dips, its simply isn't meant to grow. Half measures don't build muscle, but you might find imbalances slowly equal up.

    Form can't make the difference between one big pec and one small one, because if you think about it even if one side was taking 55% of the load there is still 45% of a considerable load on the other side and a few % or centimetres of hand grip here or there wouldn't make a lot of difference IMO
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-03-2005 at 08:27 AM.

  13. #13
    beuleux's Avatar
    beuleux is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,563

    dont worry about it

    nobody is symetrical, examine some pictures in BB mags and you will notice that everyone has a bigger side, but when you look at them your mind builds an overall picture, thus everyone else looks symetrical to you. I bet no-one else even notices your smaller pec, post a pic and we will see if we can notice it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •