BigAJ is offline New Member

Cardio after workout??

Ok i know that its not advised to do cardio directly after your workout, why is this ???

also is it safe to do cardio a few hours maybe after your workout, like going for a run( not in gym).

As ive started doing cardio before my workouts and im just exhausted when it comes time to lift those heavy weights. My workouts really suffer, but i need to do cardio and i need to do it every day as i want to get really fit.

Also i start work early in the morning ( so i cant do cardio in the morning), i usually workout after work in the evening.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAJ
    Ok i know that its not advised to do cardio directly after your workout, why is this ???

also is it safe to do cardio a few hours maybe after your workout, like going for a run( not in gym).

As ive started doing cardio before my workouts and im just exhausted when it comes time to lift those heavy weights. My workouts really suffer, but i need to do cardio and i need to do it every day as i want to get really fit.

Also i start work early in the morning ( so i cant do cardio in the morning), i usually workout after work in the evening.
    The best thing to do after anaerobic training is the start the recovery process by drinking your P/W shake and resting, this dose not involve doing cardio in a cab, depleted state, you will be needing protein and carbs, and this is the ideal time to take them, you have a two hour window,

and yes do your cardio in the morning
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-12-2005 at 07:14 AM.

BigAJ is offline New Member
    So your saying SPG after i work out (weights) i should wait 2 hours before i start any cardio?
    and yeah i always have a protien\carb drink straight after my workout and usually one before i do cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAJ
    So your saying SPG after i work out (weights) i should wait 2 h
    No!! wait 12 hours, do cardio in the morning 7 and weights in the evening 5.30 or so...

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel as long as you have a pw shake you should be all set to do cardio but thats just my body

Not trying to cause conflict here, but when you are losing bodyfat you are burning more than you consume. So eventually you will become a little weaker, you will become overtrained, and post workout recovery w/ a shitload of sugar doesnt mean 2 shits as your trying to squeeze the glycogen out of the muscles for maximum definition. It doesnt matter about a window of opportunity to get PWO nutrition as much when your cutting up as it does when your bulking. Cardio right after a workout is good, because the body is in a depleted state, and rather than replenish it right away, we are going to demand more output in an aerobic way, causing thermogenesis. you eat your pre workout meal, then 30-40 min later hit the weights for an hour, then cardio for 40 min-1 hr, and guess what? The PWO meal is still 3 hrs from the last meal. Personally, I think am cardio is some overrated shit, as I have been doing everything people say not to and I'm getting shredded from it.

some people just cant get shredded its very unfortunate i have serious trouble getting ripped

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    some people just cant get shredded its very unfortunate i have serious trouble getting ripped
    I truly believe everybody is different, your right on that one. I'm basically just saying that not everybody HAS TO do am cardio to get great results. It seems like its the trendy thing to me.

i totally agree i do it PW after i drink my shake

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Not trying to cause conflict here, but when you are losing bodyfat you are burning more than you consume. So eventually you will become a little weaker, you will become overtrained, and post workout recovery w/ a shitload of sugar doesnt mean 2 shits as your trying to squeeze the glycogen out of the muscles for maximum definition. It doesnt matter about a window of opportunity to get PWO nutrition as much when your cutting up as it does when your bulking. Cardio right after a workout is good, because the body is in a depleted state, and rather than replenish it right away, we are going to demand more output in an aerobic way, causing thermogenesis. you eat your pre workout meal, then 30-40 min later hit the weights for an hour, then cardio for 40 min-1 hr, and guess what? The PWO meal is still 3 hrs from the last meal. Personally, I think am cardio is some overrated shit, as I have been doing everything people say not to and I'm getting shredded from it.
    I was waiting for that it always happens,, yes that is another way to approach it, I just hope it isn’t going to start another (is it isn’t it better after a workout thread) I say its better to be safe than sorry, during cutting I put the emphasis on spearing muscle..

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    When I miss my morning cardio I do cardio after weights. Basically after weight training you are in a very similar state as you are in the AM. If you are taking the proper nutritional steps you should not be overly catabolic during the PWO timeframe. On top of that you have a significant GH release which lasts up to 60min PWO, again making the whole catabolism thing very overrated.

Thread Information