Thread: bench press

brocaster is offline New Member

bench press

What is the proper form of bench pressing as far as flat, decline, incline. How should my body be positioned.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    What is the proper form of bench pressing as far as flat, decline, incline. How should my body be positioned.
    This is a very general question. Could you be more specific? It depends on what you're going for, I assume bodybuilding. Could you ask a specfic question?

brocaster is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    This is a very general question. Could you be more specific? It depends on what you're going for, I assume bodybuilding. Could you ask a specfic question?
    I am going for bodybuilding. I am very new at bench pressing. However, I am scared I might injure myself while I bench. I read a bunch of bodybuilding magazines but they dont really give good advice on proper instructions for benching. I know there are many different techniques to bench pressing. What would you suggest. I know they say you should have your butt squeezed down tight and your chest expanded. Do you know what else I should do to prevent injury. What types of injuries should I be aware of associated with bench pressing. Thank you.

I'd just stay away from low heavy reps until your used to benching and your chest has built up a little. Stay within 8-12 reps for wahile

TCEL300 is offline Member
    just get the form down first before you start adding on the heavy weights...form is key in every exercise man

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    just get the form down first before you start adding on the heavy weights...form is key in every exercise man
    gotta agree w/ TCEL, i think too many people put on more weight than what they should be doing and all they end up doin is swingin the weight back and forth with no form.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by brocaster
    Go to better strength articles. It's at the top of the page when your checking the threads. Dave Tate, from Westside Barbell, will give you everything you need to know about bench pressing.

Thread Information