am cardio, dont know why people preach it so much!!

This is so ****ing overrated it's beyond ridiculous. Everybody preaches it"gotta do it in the morning on an empty stomach, blah blah blah!!" Cardio firt thing in the morning on an empty stomach eats muscle from my experience. It will make me look flat, depleted, and no more ripped nonetheless. Maybe if your holding onto alot, like over 15-20%bf or something, but when you get lower it's stupid to do it w/out eating something first. Bottom line is this, calories burned has to exceed calories consumed for fat loss. Not "you have to do cardio am for max fat loss"

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    This is so ****ing overrated it's beyond ridiculous. Everybody preaches it"gotta do it in the morning on an empty stomach, blah blah blah!!" Cardio firt thing in the morning on an empty stomach eats muscle from my experience. It will make me look flat, depleted, and no more ripped nonetheless. Maybe if your holding onto alot, like over 15-20%bf or something, but when you get lower it's stupid to do it w/out eating something first. Bottom line is this, calories burned has to exceed calories consumed for fat loss. Not "you have to do cardio am for max fat loss"
    (this is just one quote from swoll)

If your nutritional protocol supports your fat loss/lean mass preservation efforts, a.m. cardio done at the correct intensity and duration is EXTREMELY effective at burning pure fat and sparing lean muscle mass. I say this because myself and my 1000's of clients have been doing this very effectively for the last 4 years.

DAGGCHILD
    Sooo what is up with all these people claiming A.M cardio is stupid and BS???

SWOLL
    They are either mis-informed, un-educated, or a combination of both. (Not saying you are by any means bro...SP, )

I also train people in this way with good results...
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-13-2005 at 01:35 AM.

well this way just east my muscle like crazy, but everybody is different I guess

well this way just east my muscle like crazy, but everybody is different I guess
    Exactly.....thats what i was saying in the other thread

Mizfit is offline Banned
    cardio suks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    cardio suks ass
    hahahh it sure dose....

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    cardio suks ass

right?! the only thing worse than cardio is 5am cardio!

but it's a necessary evil my friends...

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I like it, its a nice relaxing time to watch some Sports Center and get a head start on the day ahead.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama

what duration and intensity are you doin it at bro?

It eats my muscle away too...but then I got the target heart zone going and lowered the duration to 35 minutes instead of 45 and it seems a wee bit better now.

kewl kewll....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's always worked impeccably for myself and the 1000's I've assisted.

I make sure my eating protocols are 100% on point, and there has never been any muscle loss issue whatsoever.

~SC~

*KT* is offline New Member
    right?! the only thing worse than cardio is 5am cardio
    you got that right!

45min at a Low Intensity "shouldn't" technically be very catabolic. But perhaps certain people have much higher Cortisol levels in the morning? This could be an explaination?

In my experiences i found that i just feel drained having to get up early and go do something after i just woke up. I feel alot better when doing it around lunch or after a workout.

Kreatine_Kid is offline Junior Member
    Ive always followed this technique. Yes you are pretty "flat" in the mornings but that is due to not having any food. Within 30 mins of eating I fill right out again.

Definate advicator of empty stomach cardio!

Quote Originally Posted by *KT*
    In my experiences i found that i just feel drained having to get up early and go do something after i just woke up. I feel alot better when doing it around lunch or after a workout.
    That's mental bro. After a good night of rest, the most energy one would have would be immediately upon rising. Once you push past the "shit, I don't feel like doing this" mentality, you'd be amazed how amped you are the rest of the day after tackling 45 mins. of cardio in the a.m. Just depends on how bad you want it.

~SC~

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I don't do a lot of cardio

I stoped doing ot for the summer.. because i was losing alot of weight, but i was told to do it because it's good for the heart.. but cardio really bites...

I love cardio for heart health, active recovery, and for the elevated metabolism the rest of the day. Not only that, it helps the resting heart-rate be lower and helps blood pressure as well.

~SC~

Jerzey is offline Member

I stoped doing ot for the summer.. because i was losing alot of weight, but i was told to do it because it's good for the heart.. but cardio really bites...
    God I hate you... j/k Wish I didn't have to do cardio

I just started pre-breakfast cardio because I want to drop my bf but hold my muscle. I've been lifting for 11 years, 7 seriously, and I have to say pre-breakfast cardio gets me there fast along with the proper diet. It doesn't burn my muscle with the right diet, and I have a decent amount for a chick

Its probably different if you want to do it. Being in the Army we HAVE to be there at 0630 every morning to run, pushups and situps. That sucks!

donbone is offline Banned

I agree. Diet tweaking is the best way to go. Iron cardio is the best for heart imo.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    now that you mention it sc... with the diet bein 100% ...mine wasn't, but its much better now. That could also/most likely is the contributing factor.

what is technically OK to eat before am cardio? that will not hinder or sidetrack fat burning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    now that you mention it sc... with the diet bein 100% ...mine wasn't, but its much better now. That could also/most likely is the contributing factor.

what is technically OK to eat before am cardio? that will not hinder or sidetrack fat burning?
    Pretty much nothing. I mean anything with any caloric value will be used as energy first. So a diet soda, coffee, tea are all good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    what duration and intensity are you doin it at bro?

It eats my muscle away too...but then I got the target heart zone going and lowered the duration to 35 minutes instead of 45 and it seems a wee bit better now.

kewl kewll....
    My target heart rate is usually between 135-150 bpm, right in the fat burning zone. Lately though, it's a bitch to get it to break 135bpm as I'm getting in better shape. It's easy to get it high at first, but when you start doing cardio like a mad man it becomes a bitch sometimes!!

You may wanna try a Cortisol blocking supp, or take a megadose of Vit C pre cardio this could help alot if muscle loss is an issue.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    seems to have helped me break through a weightloss plateau. I have lost 10lbs in 3 1/2 weeks, with no other changes to diet/workout routine...just changed from post workout cardio to am cardio.
    -Cy

chest6 is offline Banned
    when I do a lot of cardio..it seems i lose strenghth as weight decreases..I think I cut carbs back too much.

NYCmitch25 is offline New Member
    I have to agree with some of you. I think it is overrated. I mean the early morning empty stomach BS. I think anytime before noon for obvious reasons and after consuming some meals is fine. Works for me lol.

Personal experience the duration doesnt matter much but watchin the calories you burn does.

Cardio is the Antichrist. suxs

Thread Information