NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

15 second rest intervals??

Alright guys i was wondering what your opinion is on a new work out i heard of. This huuuge guy at l.a fitness told me about this one. Basically it is 5 sets of 6 reps with constant weight but the trick is to only have a 15 second rest interval between sets. The workout is basically to do that for 5-7 different exercises on one muscle group. I've been doing it for a week so far and you get fatigued very quickly. Also it shortened my workout from an hour and 15 mins to about 35 mins. Let me know what you guys think. Thanx.

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    Bump

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    5-6 exercises, would that apply for biceps, and triceps, sounds like a shocking method to me, how long it will be effective, I’m not to sure…with 15 sec, rest this is almost like circuit training, because even though your doing 6 reps the shorter rest period will cut the weight in half….

Not to say that this method wont be effective, its just the progression would be hard to achieve over the weeks, I would think about using it if I hit a sticking point, but only for maybe a week or two…
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-15-2005 at 07:15 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    As w/anything, it can be a good "shocker" to throw in once every couple of months. Having it be the staple way I train though wouldn't work for me.

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    As w/anything, it can be a good "shocker" to throw in once every couple of months. Having it be the staple way I train though wouldn't work for me.

~SC~
    Exactly.......

just because some "big guy" says it works, doesn't mean it'll work for you. everyone is different. don't go with a lot of these bullsh!t workouts they have in muscle & fitness as a staple, stick to the basics, good diet and you will grow.

Thread Information