askingforit is offline Junior Member

Arrow please help for my lady

My training sched goes something like this....
    SUn: Legs (quads/calves)
    Mon: Back, bis
    Tue: off
    Wed: Shoulders, hamstrings
    Thu: off
    Fri: chest, tris

well, somedays I skip but I just make sure to go in this order of body parts, 4 days a week, so if I take sunday and monday off then I go tue, wed, thu, sat or whatever. Anyhow, my girl says she will start working out with me, she is wanting to lose probably 30-40 pounds over time. I really don't know much about training for weight loss cause I'm a skinny mofo and never even do cardio. Just hoping some of you bros or ladies would help me to set up a good workout for her. She is just starting out and will be going with me whatever days. I was thinking of just having her start with 4 days/week doing cardio, while I go lift for about an hour or so. Right now she is taking Xenadrine and I don't know if that's good or not especially cause she don't workout yet. Please give me any suggestions you may have, I want her to see results so she keeps going cause here weight makes her unhappy, which in turn makes me unhappy Thanks for the help in advance.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    bro have her train with you if you want her to keep training
    my wife used to train with me for years and she was one of the best partners i ever had. she weighs at 118 and is 5'5" and was doing 80lbs bar curls and 135 incline bench and military press. she got so good and into it because we did it together. she was so strong and built some of the younger guys would walk away because she would out lift them.
    we had a baby and she lost desire and i went into power lifting and started throwing such weight she could not spot me. she just a couple of weeks ago got back into training and she is already showing signs of built muscle again.
    weight training helps to burn fat as she trains and increases the metabolism because of the extra muscle.

so i would have her weight train 3-4 days a week and cardio 4 days a week. instead of worring so much about burning fat transform her into muscle which will in turn burn fat

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Tapout
    bro have her train with you if you want her to keep training
    my wife used to train with me for years and she was one of the best partners i ever had. she weighs at 118 and is 5'5" and was doing 80lbs bar curls and 135 incline bench and military press. she got so good and into it because we did it together. she was so strong and built some of the younger guys would walk away because she would out lift them.
    we had a baby and she lost desire and i went into power lifting and started throwing such weight she could not spot me. she just a couple of weeks ago got back into training and she is already showing signs of built muscle again.
    weight training helps to burn fat as she trains and increases the metabolism because of the extra muscle.

so i would have her weight train 3-4 days a week and cardio 4 days a week. instead of worring so much about burning fat transform her into muscle which will in turn burn fat
    Excellent post and advice Tapout. Askingforit, that was better advice than I could give ya.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Thread Information