Thread: Shoulders

Shoulders

Which is better

Working shoulders after benching or working them on a different day? Im gonna do them on another day but wanting to see some other opinions.

Day 1:chest/shoulders/tris
    Bench presses
    Close grips
    Barbell pullovers
    Barbell military presses
    front,side,rear dumbell raises
    Tricep overhead presses
    I feel i would be to tired to hit the shoulders hard after doing this.has anyone done a workout similar to this and has had good results?

I was doing a routine like this earlier this year and had good results
    Day 1:chest/shoulders/tris
    Bench presses
    Incline presses
    barbell military presses
    dumbell shoulder raises
    Tricep overhead presses

Or would i see better results by doing chest and shoulders on different days
    Last edited by Hellmaskbanned; 09-15-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I always work shoulders with chest because the anteriors get such a good working. The shoulders mop up so much extra weight and take the punishment from chest work that you may not see extra results by putting them on a day of their own. The anterior delts are used in every single chest movement and synergise well, so any heavy chest exercises will be hitting them. Then all that is left to do is some overhead presses and side raises.

IMO it makes it a lot easier, but everyone is different

I like both those routines you showed but you can't really do triceps on the same day as chest and shoulders. You won't be hitting them hard enough without lying extensions, overhead extensions or dips. Overhead presses work the long head of the triceps but there is only so much they will do. You need heavy compound movements AND some isolations which you don't have
    Last edited by Flexor; 09-16-2005 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I always work shoulders with chest because the anteriors get such a good working. The shoulders mop up so much extra weight and take the punishment from chest work that you may not see extra results by putting them on a day of their own. The anterior delts are used in every single chest movement and synergise well, so any heavy chest exercises will be hitting them. Then all that is left to do is some overhead presses and side raises.

IMO it makes it a lot easier, but everyone is different

I like both those routines you showed but you can't really do triceps on the same day as chest and shoulders. You won't be hitting them hard enough without lying extensions, overhead extensions or dips. Overhead presses work the long head of the triceps but there is only so much they will do. You need heavy compound movements and some isolations.
    Thanks for the response Flexor.You said i need heavy compound movements,lol thats all im doing for upperbody except for the shoulder raises and pullovers.I always liked doing triceps with chest, they are getting worked by the pushing exercise so might as well work them in the same workout.Lets see some more opinions fellas

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Agree with dropping the Triceps - maybe add shrugs to take it's place. Looks like a solid workout.
    Keep these body parts together.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Check this too for more info...
    More Shoulder Info

Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Check this too for more info...
    More Shoulder Info

Thanks for the info TADOLFI

Thread Information