chest6 is offline Banned

Problems with T-bar rows

Every time I do tbar rows I try to figure out a way to make the other side of the bar stay on the ground. Earlier in the workout forum, people said to do it "in the corner". I wasnt really sure what this meant. I usually have people stand on the other side, but that gets inconvenient. Today I put it under the base of the squat rack, the bar that is about 6 inches off the ground and it kept shifting and coming out from under it.
    Any suggestions?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    By the corner, they mean go into the corner of the gym and wedge the barbell between the two walls. Problem is, that it can cause some damage to the walls.
    What I had to do was stick the barbell in the corner of a weight tree and have my brother put his foot over the top of the end of the barbell. It still will not work perfectly but it's the best that I could figure out.

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    How long is the bar? I use a 7ft bar and have no problems. The corner does have carpet moulding that goes around the room. I sure that helps to keep it wedged.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well I tried putting it in the corner and it still came up. I dont understand how this makes it not come up.
    Yes, it is a 7foot bar. I hope I dont have to start putting like 2 plates on the other side...that would kind of ruin the point.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i put a 45lb plate on it..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i put a 45lb plate on it..
    hm could help. Surprised to see some actual advice

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, sometimes i break in the whoring with some help to noobs

chest6 is offline Banned
    i aint no noob!

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    hey chest6 heres what ya need to do mayne...wedge the end of the bar in the corner of a wall in the gym tightly...when raising the bar to your chest, you need to not only lift towards your chest but also be pulling it towards the corner of the wall if that makes any sense...lemme know if you understand this. ill be on for a lil while longer.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I have the same prob. Just use the T-bar machine. I personally never liked the T-bar machine because you have to put ur feet on the damn pads and shit. But now i just keep my feet on the floor off the pads and lean against the chest support, helps keep your form in check also.

-Bino

If you dont have the machine stack on a couple 25's on the oposite side instead of a 45 so it is still a lil closer to the ground brotha.

-Bino

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    If you dont have the machine stack on a couple 25's on the oposite side instead of a 45 so it is still a lil closer to the ground brotha.

-Bino
    sounds like the best idea of yet..thanks. I always thought the t bar machine pretty much resembled a bent over row..if you hold the outside handles..i have never done the inside handles i guess that would be similar to a tbar row

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    MY IDEA WAS BETTER!!!!!!!...dont yall know that freeweights are better than machines for growth...well im sure yall do im just mad you didnt like my idea chest6.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    MY IDEA WAS BETTER!!!!!!!...dont yall know that freeweights are better than machines for growth...well im sure yall do im just mad you didnt like my idea chest6.
    Haha..my bad man. I just saw your post I missed it the first time around. Sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a try. Happy!?

LOL
    Jokers. Ya man inside grip t-bar machine are pretty good. But go for the 25's. Best thing I can really suggest ma man.

-Bino

Thread Information