Pimp_C is offline Associate Member

Question Muscle Recovery Times

Does anyone know where to find a chart on muscle recovery times? I know most recovery times, the main one I am curious about is the abdominals. Does anyone know how long it takes your abdominals to recover from a workout? Is it ok to do an ab routine in the morning and evening, or will this just break down muscles.

what about every day, would that be better? goal is to make my abs super ripped, and my diet is clean. I am not talking about low reps but like 3 sets of 80-100 situps in the morning. Any replies would be appriciated

Flexor is offline Banned
    The abs can generally be trained 2 to 3 times a week IMO

You said situps, if you actually mean situps then stop doing them!!! You want to do crunches to just contract the abdominals, otherwise you are flexing the pelvis and bringing leg muscles and the lower obliques into play which will just form muscle on hip bone and take away from your lean physique.

I just used to whack out hundreds of crunches unweighted, but now I do decline weighted crunches and they really contract the abs better, and a full contraction means better muscle stimulation and development. If you do hundreds of reps and form starts dropping off at only 60 out of 100 crunches then the stress is off the abs. If you can do that amount and stay focused then thats fine, I'm just saying for me I start to lose form so now I do lower reps for a full crunch.

Sorry I went on a but back to your question...if your abs ache then don't work them. If they don't ache then you can work them after 48-72 hours. You can overtrain abs, especially since they are small muscles so they still need rest.

I say situps, I actually mean crunches, reverse crunches, and leg raises. My diet is ultra clean, and my training is very good(4-5 times a week usually only do legs,shoulders,back,chest 1 time per week, on seperate days of course, and arms twice) I eat aproximatley 5 meals a day low carbs, low-moderate fat, and high protien, the only sugar I eat is in the milk that I drink, also take a couple of protien shakes a day. I have a good six pack, just want to make it better. Any other input would be appriciated, thanks guys

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_C
    I say situps, I actually mean crunches, reverse crunches, and leg raises. My diet is ultra clean, and my training is very good(4-5 times a week usually only do legs,shoulders,back,chest 1 time per week, on seperate days of course, and arms twice) I eat aproximatley 5 meals a day low carbs, low-moderate fat, and high protien, the only sugar I eat is in the milk that I drink, also take a couple of protien shakes a day. I have a good six pack, just want to make it better. Any other input would be appriciated, thanks guys
    Gotta lose weight, crunches and all that are nice but if you want to build you abs you're gonna have to add some weight. Weighted crunches etc.... Most people have enough abs, key is diet to bring them out. You can do sit ups all day that will not locally reduce any fat at all. May just lead to overtraining. Diet needs to be in check.

Thread Information