freakintraining is offline Associate Member

cardio...time of day??

guys i have a slight problem, i am doing a bulking cycle and i gain fat just by looking at food so i do cardio 3x weekly to help stop the fat gain but i have a hard time doing it first thing becasue i work constructiona dn i have to be at work early, is there another time of day that would be just as good or should i suck it up and wake up at 4:30 and just do it? and should i be going for 3 or 4 days a week.......stats are 5 11 225 roughly 13-15%bf no more then 15...but like i said i have to bust my ass to keep it down and when i bulk i get fat also and i am trying to stop that this time...any help is appreciated

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    THe morning cardio would ensure a higher total of FFA oxidation. Doing it another time will not have the same reuslts. So its bes to try and get it done in the AM. But 4:30am is early, so do cardio when you can, just try and make sure that it is at least 2.5 hours after your last meal. This will do a better job than no cardio at all.

Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    guys i have a slight problem, i am doing a bulking cycle and i gain fat just by looking at food so i do cardio 3x weekly to help stop the fat gain but i have a hard time doing it first thing becasue i work constructiona dn i have to be at work early, is there another time of day that would be just as good or should i suck it up and wake up at 4:30 and just do it? and should i be going for 3 or 4 days a week.......stats are 5 11 225 roughly 13-15%bf no more then 15...but like i said i have to bust my ass to keep it down and when i bulk i get fat also and i am trying to stop that this time...any help is appreciated
    Hell no!!! I used to work commercial construction myself, I'd have to wake up at 5:45am at the latest in order to eat breakfast and drive to the job site. It was hard enough getting sleep without am cardio. I'm talking 5 hours a night tops if I worked out after work. Plus, u burn so much extra cals off out in the sun or doing the manual labor that am cardio would not be that big of a deal to me. This is just my take on it, but I never do am cardio anyways and I'm getting shredded.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Could also save yourself some time and do like 20min of low intensity cardio after weight lifting.

should i have my pwo shake after weights then do the 20min of cardio, and after cardio have my ppwo meal?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You could also alternate training days and cardio days, and do your cardio after work. Just make sure that the meal you eat before cardio comes 3 hours before your cardio, and that it's a fat/protein meal. You can also utilize an ECA or other "energy stack" which will help to replicate more of the "morning cardio" aspects/benefits.

~SC~

thanx swole, ill have to try that it seems to be the best for my schedule

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    IMHO... any time you can... sorry that is the way my life works nowadays

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i have had great succses doing cardio in the afternoon but my diet was super super clean

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, u can in the evening, just make sure you dont get carbs in for atleast 3 hrs... like sc said

would 3x a week be good 1 would be afternnon and the other 2 would be morning, i keep telling myslef i am bulking but i want to keep the fat as low as possible....if your interested here is the cyle im running
    my long awaited cycle

Thread Information