BigD is offline Associate Member

My toes go numb during cardio?

Every time I do cardio on the Precore/elipse (sp?) machines after about 15-20 minutes some of my toes go numb aka fall asleep. What causes this or is there some way I’m doing something wrong although I don’t really see how?

As soon as i'm get off the machine the feeling returns.

WTF

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    It could be as simple as your shoes are too tight, and or it could just be that you're putting too much pressure on the front of your foot by leaning forward a bit. Make sure you're as upright as possible and focus on keeping your body weight centered while you're on. Another way to find if that's your problem is to stop and go in reverse when you feel your toes falling asleep.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I've actually tried 2 different pairs of shoes with the same results and most of the time they come untied so I don't think that's the problem. And I typically try to stand as straight as possible so as not to cheat. I will try the reverse thing and see what happens, I've never thought of that.

Braski is offline Junior Member
    Your problem is not uncommon. You need to determine what type of arch you have "high, low, flat, etc... and lace your shoes according to what is recommended. Many of the running sites show you how to lace shoes dependent on foot type. I have had your problem and it was solved by buying a half size larger shoe and lacing accordingly. Good luck.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Same thing happens to me! I usually do my cardio in cycles 20 minutes on one machine, 20 minutes on another etc...that gives you a little break in between and allows the blood to get back into your toes.

Thread Information