Newtothegame234 is offline New Member

lower back pain, tailbone area

I have some lower back pain where my tail bone is. It seems to hurt when i lean forward , are there any good exersice you guys recommend to help this. I do squats with belt on smith just in case i get the "pinch" feeling and have to drop weight but weird part is i feel fine squatting. Its just when i bend over For Ex. If i am sitting on the end of my bed and i go to tie my shoes, OUTCH. I was thinking of going to a chiropractor . I have gotten x-rays a year or so ago and nothing showed in it. Thinking maybe it could be the muscle not the bone.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    First of all if it gets worse see your GP… how is your exercises form, are you squatting and deading properly? I would say you have some sort of small injury, have a week of back it may go away, there are many muscles that intertwine and go down in that area from your lower lumbar region of the spine and erector spinae..The intertransversarii muscles attach to the transverse processes, these muscles are active in backward bending, as well as bending from side to side, Any of these could be giving you the trouble,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-14-2005 at 06:47 AM.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    do lower back hyperextensions on a roman chair . . . do them really slowly and with good form, and don't come past the prone position. Keep your back straight when you do them, that is don't bend your whole back, just flex at the lower back to complete the movement. Allow yourself to stretch for a second or two at the bottom of each movement too.

Montgomery

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I wouldn’t recommend any exercise for the back until the problem has been diagnosed
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-15-2005 at 08:33 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    It does feel like a muscle but it comes and goes , sometimes i have it for a week or so then it goes away for a while. I did hypers the other day and i was fine. I am doing back today, will hit it with deads and see how it feels. I am going to wear belt on all heavy lifts now.

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    It could very well be you sacrum, the bundle of bones at your pelvis, go see a chiropractor if you can, they will fix that in a visit or two, I have a few friends that are chiro's so I go all the time, great stuff.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i hear only good things about them. The only thing that freaks me out is cracking my neck , outch . I am going to make the appt soon.

BTW

Did the hyper's nice and slow and it felt good. I focused more on the back and not the ham's. I also noticed that when i work OB's with a twisting motion i get that pain too so i stopped that for now. I have to some how find a exerise that gets my OB's good without weighted twisting . Thanks guys

wastingtime3 is offline New Member
    I am in the same boat right now. 2 months ago i strained my si joint and never fully recovered. Finally went to the chiropractor and pain is gone for now. Time to go back to building my core.

BobShocker is offline Junior Member
    I have lots of lower back problems as well. Go see the chiropractor. But also start doing core stuff at least 3 times a week. Also try streatching out your strings every AM. I think streatching has helped me more than anything.

Thread Information