chest6 is offline Banned

Lats sore from DB Military?

Well what the title says. Does this happen to anyone else except me? I did back on Sunday, and my lats were a lil sore then I did shoulders yesterday and I feel it bigtime. This has happened now for like a month straight. Any guesses?

chest6 is offline Banned
    bump

Flexor is offline Banned
    Don't be offended by this,

but maybe its just ache in the teres minor, infraspinatus and supraspinatus. When your arms are in the vertical pressing position the rotator cuff is really close to the scapula and it is the teres minor and infraspinatus which keeps the shoulder externaly rotated whilst the supra helps press overhead.

The external rotators get a real hard working from military presses because they keep the arm steady so that the weight stays pointing upwards. Otherwise you arm would fall into an upright row position and internally rotate.

So maybe its just the rotator cuff aching, because I can't think why the lats would ache from presses, unless you are getting an amazing stretch (like hams in straight leg deads)

Dunno

I guess its the same as the serratus not aching with bench presses, but it seems to ache after doing pressups

Malvino is offline New Member
    I also get this soarness in my lats when i do sholders, although my sholder's have been healthy ive experienced no problems with them. I just take it as a side muslce that is worked. So iwork back n sholders on opposite times of my cycle and i don't work out my lats on back day seeing as they are the most soar thing when i do sholders.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yea...my shoulders are healthy as far as I know. It just feels like I did a tough back workout the day before..kinna confusing

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    i'll be honest with you... when I didnt do much back for awhile... and would crush shoulders my lats would hurt too.

or the other way around...when I didnt do too much shoulders for awhile and would smoke back .. my rear and abit if side delts would be sore too....

whats your fukin back workout look the fuk like?

fuk.

FAKKK!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    i'll be honest with you... when I didnt do much back for awhile... and would crush shoulders my lats would hurt too.

or the other way around...when I didnt do too much shoulders for awhile and would smoke back .. my rear and abit if side delts would be sore too....

whats your fukin back workout look the fuk like?

fuk.

FAKKK!!
    well my fukin back workout looked like this last time

I train deads, bench and squat powerlift style...so theres lots of volume

I deadlifted off pins at knee level

315x3
    385x2
    405x1
    425x1
    445x1
    475x1

then..