Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

Skullcrushers...

What technique do you use to get full exhaustion of the tri's??? Some people stop the motion at their forhead on flat bench (with monkey bar)... I extend mine past my head on a flat bench forcing more use of the tri's... is this bad form, or do some use this?

TUnit is offline Associate Member
    try bringing it into your chin. i feel i use more of my triceps in that move

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I start by doing as many reps as I can to the forehead, nose, and then chin. You are going from your weakest range to your strongest range. Your triceps will be finished so you better have a good spotter. I learned that technique from Ian King, Aussie Strength Coach.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I start by doing as many reps as I can to the forehead, nose, and then chin. You are going from your weakest range to your strongest range. Your triceps will be finished so you better have a good spotter. I learned that technique from Ian King, Aussie Strength Coach.
    nice... thanx dude... really trying to sculpt my tri's... been going nuts on them lately...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    What technique do you use to get full exhaustion of the tri's??? Some people stop the motion at their forhead on flat bench (with monkey bar)... I extend mine past my head on a flat bench forcing more use of the tri's... is this bad form, or do some use this?
    When you bring the bar overhead, it turns into more of a pullover. More of the movement occurs at the shoulder joint and the tricep acts as a stabilizer. If you're looking for isolation of the triceps, this isn't a productive option.

chest6 is offline Banned
    When you bring the bar overhead, it turns into more of a pullover. More of the movement occurs at the shoulder joint and the tricep acts as a stabilizer. If you're looking for isolation of the triceps, this isn't a productive option.
    Well that def helped me I got over my head most of the time.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    agreed, i focus more on keeping my upper arm ar straight up and still as possible. try and issolate your tris. IMO i get better sculpting out of one hand overhead extensions and kickbacks

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Well that def helped me I got over my head most of the time.
    Your triceps will still be working hard but just as a stabilizer. It is still a great triceps exercise but not a total isolation of the elbow joint, anymore.

mass junkie is offline banned
    you guys really use skull crushers as a sculpting movement?

has mass builder written all over it to me

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    you guys really use skull crushers as a sculpting movement?

has mass builder written all over it to me
    I usually prefer close-grip bench press variations, triceps dips (vertical trunk), bench dips, etc. for mass (mutiple joint) builders. With the anterior deltoids assisting, you can really overload the triceps.

Thread Information