Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Incline dumbell flys

What do you guys think of incline dumbell flys? I know incline dumbell and incline barbell press are the ultimate exercises in building the upper pecs, but what about these?

Will incline dumbell flys help build the upper pecs?

Gerkie66 is offline Female Member
    Incline dumbell flys will help build the upper pecs, but your more compound exercise like the incline dumbbell press is more effective for muscular strength and development. There is a lot of overload on the chest and you have a great range of motion...The incline barbell bench press is also great exercise that allows a lot of overload on the upper pecs...

TADOLFI is offline Member
    I'll work incline barbell for about four weeks and then switch to dumbells for a couple weeks, and then switch back.

For me, the flyes help keep my shoulders in check as far as form and the general feel of the exercise so I know I'm working what I want in my pecs and not getting too much slop in my movement. Then when I switch back to barbell, I feel I have a solid base for form.

Disclaimer: This is not for everyone. If you have any shoulder problems - stick to compound (IE: Barbell press) exercises.

Thread Information