Thread: motivation

Malvino is offline New Member

motivation

I just wanted to post prob the most important thing besides information on lifting and eating habits. You may have the best routine in the world and know your body completely. In the last 2 months ive gone to the gym and ive used anger sometimes but ive always used determination and picturing the weight.

Im sure everyone here has had the story were they go to a gym and push incredible weight they never thought there body could handle becuase of a situation. Me personally ive increased my rest period and increased my intensity and ive seen amazing gains.

My trick is, before i go to push a new personal best i see myself doing it. I make sure there is no doubt in my mind that im the strongest that ive ever been. I laugh in the weights face, some people in my gym think im over intense but i put 100% of my focus into it. Ive never been injured in the gym and im pushing more weight then ever! Maybe because im so tense im not letting a lack in concentration pull a muscle. Like pro athletes if you go into a situation 50% your going to get injured. Also im not thinking about the girl im seeing tonight or my school work.

Its me against the weights i think about the gym 1hr before i go, i physc myself up i don't give a chit if i make a noise that people may think is to loud. Im a responsible weight lifter there to set the mood in the place. I think everyone should be this way. I LOVE IT, when i go to the gym and i see someone just sweating after destroying himself on squats. I LOVE IT, when someone asks me to spot them and they can't pull the final rep because they've exhausted themselfs

I URGE everyone out there be intense, be the kind of change you want to see in the gym! Share with me your motivation for pushing yourself, i think this factor is over looked you have no idea how much more you can lift then you are presently lifting.

Sanecrazy is offline Associate Member
    People think that Im insane too. Isnt it great.

chest6 is offline Banned
    If you go into a lift relaxed you wont lift shit. I like the silent psyche

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    not everyone benefits from the same mentality you have. but if that works for you then thats good

chest6 is offline Banned
    me??

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    me??
    not you, malvino. i just disagreed when he said " i think everyone should be this way."

eazyduzit3 is offline Junior Member
    i totally agree with chest6! im a bit off upstairs when i get in the gym. i find myself cussing at the weights and grinding my teeth. pretty much getting hyped all around. i use anger and focus to defeat the weight. good info chest6!!

eazyduzit3 is offline Junior Member
    u dont want none mother f$#@&^!! c'mon u son-of-a-&*%$#
    after that i tend to growl a bit under my breath....haha
    i love it!

chest6 is offline Banned
    calling yourself a pussy works and like visualizing people seeing you miss the weight and saying shit to you..etc

Jerzey is offline Member
    Whenever I get pissed off at work or for whatever reason during the day, I always have an intense workout....

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I just watched Terminator 3 the other day. Loved the part where Arny says, "anger is a better motivator than despair"

Yah, if people don't think you're nuts (intensity-wise) somethings wrong.

chest6 is offline Banned
    - GAL -->

Thread Information