Thread: a.m. cardio

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member

a.m. cardio

I've always heard that it's best to do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to burn stored fat rather than carbs. Someone recently told me that you need to eat first or your body will go into a catabolic state, and he said he's a member of a different bodybuilding forum and everyone there agrees on this point.

Can someone tell me the pros/cons of a.m. cardio on an empty stomach please?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    ow man, not this one again...use the search bro, swole has explained this a number of times..
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-29-2005 at 07:28 AM.

I did search, and I found plenty of posts where Swole advocates a.m. cardio on an empty stomach, and I obviously believe him, but I want more information so I can go tell my friend WHY he's wrong. He says a.m. cardio puts you in a catabolic state, and your body needs fuel. How do I refute this?

I usually just follow advice here, but this time I want to know why.

Quote Originally Posted by bRKBEATz
    I did search, and I found plenty of posts where Swole advocates a.m. cardio on an empty stomach, and I obviously believe him, but I want more information so I can go tell my friend WHY he's wrong. He says a.m. cardio puts you in a catabolic state, and your body needs fuel. How do I refute this?

I usually just follow advice here, but this time I want to know why.
    Ok, tell your friend its not about that one meal! its about your hole nutritional protocol, if all is well with the rest of your diet, and the cardio that you do is sufficient there is no reason why you will loose muscle as a result of doing am cardio..

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You friend obvisouly doesn't know that much. And I wouldn't waste my time with him. AM cardio is shown to have a preference for using FFA's from adipose tissue for energy. You really think that if one follows proper nutriton that an extra 45min in hte morning is going to catabolize and detroy ones muscle. This is just common sense if you are that catabolic you are doing something very very wrong.

eazyduzit3 is offline Junior Member
    i totally agree with these guys! its all about the diet!

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Ok, tell your friend its not about that one meal! its about your hole nutritional protocol, if all is well with the rest of your diet, and the cardio that you do is sufficient there is no reason why you will loose muscle as a result of doing am cardio..

God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You friend obvisouly doesn't know that much. And I wouldn't waste my time with him. AM cardio is shown to have a preference for using FFA's from adipose tissue for energy. You really think that if one follows proper nutriton that an extra 45min in hte morning is going to catabolize and detroy ones muscle. This is just common sense if you are that catabolic you are doing something very very wrong.
    thank you giantz.....

Thanks

mitch911 is offline Member
    goter done nice and quick

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    all above is true but to help u might wanna take 4500mg of l-glutamine prior to the cardio.

Glutamine won't do jack. No need to take anything.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Glutamine won't do jack. No need to take anything.
    u sure, i thought thats what it was for.

Na dude it eon't do anything pre cardio. As a matter a fact Glutamine ingested orally is only about 10% absorbed. There are a few new developements that may make it orally more bioavailable, a few places are now carrying Glutamine Eythl Ester, the same as CEE. There's a possiblility this may work, but regardless should not taken before cardio no real use.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    Na dude it eon't do anything pre cardio. As a matter a fact Glutamine ingested orally is only about 10% absorbed. There are a few new developements that may make it orally more bioavailable, a few places are now carrying Glutamine Eythl Ester, the same as CEE. There's a possiblility this may work, but regardless should not taken before cardio no real use.
    Interesting, I always thought it helped perserve muscle as well.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    This question might be better off in the Diet forum but everytime the "AM Cardio" debate comes up most people say it will work great if your diet is "on point". Can we get a definition of "on point"? I mean is their certain guidelines your referring to? Cutting diet or what?

Thread Information