gabriel595 is offline Associate Member

bigger arms and wider shoulders

hi guys, i was thinkin of doing arms twice a week like doing biceps after back with 10-12 reps 3 sets and a couple of excercises. the same with chest and triceps and then doing arms like i do normally (10-12 sets per muscle 4 exercesies with supersets, drop-sets, etc) this is how my workout would look:

1st day: back biceps or chest triceps
    2nd day: chest tris or back bis
    3rd day: legs and calves
    4rd day: shoulders and traps
    5th day: arms and forearms

also i was thinkin of adding some sets of lateral raises on chest day add some size to my shoulders. what do you think of all this? should i stick with a conventional workout (1 muscle per week) or take the risk? any response aould be aprecciated, thanx in advance

TCEL300 is offline Member
    yo click on the search there r TONS of links on this topic they will help you out..good luck

divinepwr is offline Junior Member
    I have recently started to hit arms on a separate day. I was backwards from what you are doing. I would hit bis with back and tris with chest. I now also do a day of bis with tris. It has been working really well for me. I do more reps light weight on the day with back or chest, then hit my arms heavy on the own day. Try it for a few weeks and see if it works for you. As long as you put at least 48 hrs they say between hitting a muscle twice you should not be overtraining.

or do you think i should work shoulders on day 1 and arms on day 2 then legs chest and back the following days? i've done this before and worked for me, maybe because the first days of the week i have more energy and train harder

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    its really hard to give a solid advice on this, cauyse everyone reacts differently. seems like your problem areas are arms and shoulders, i would couple bi and tris in the same day and shouldrs on another day...focus on the form and have patience they will catch up to the rest of your body

thanks for the input but actually my lagging bodypart right now (because of a car accident and shoulder injury) is my chest because after the injury i dedicated most of my trainin to develop my arms and shoulders and i want them even bigger i will train chest as the most important body part though. but my main goal is give roundness to shoulders, size and definition to arms

bump

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Working a body part too much will be counter productive. Your bicepts and tricepts are small bodyparts that get hit almost in every excersice done. I train them only one a week and to shock them once a month I will hit them twice that week but with a lot less sets.

I train chest and shoulders together. I have tried splitting them up but for me this works the best.

thanks mudman, how many sets and reps for chest and shoulders each? i get very tired after trainin chest and the same with shoulders

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Here are the sets, on reps I always try to go to failure so my sets are always different but no les then 8 and no more then 12.

12 sets chest
    9 stes delts, 4 sets traps
    16 stes back
    8 stes hamstrings
    8 sets bicepts
    10 sets tricepts
    14 sets Quads
    8 sets claves

Thread Information