Thread: overtraining

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

overtraining

My workouts consist for the most part of 20 sets a muscle group give or take. then i do this i feel sore and get a great workout. I wokrout each muscle only once per week and rest 3 days of the week. If i do not do this volume i have no feeling the next day, Intense workouts with alot of sets like this have me feeling it the next day, not nessecarily sore but i can tell the muscle has been wroked but sometimes i recover quick and still feel nothing. But i believe it is safe to say that i respond well to high set/volume workouts. Am i compleetely mistaking, is this possible, or should i change my methods quickly.

anyone? by the way i am a pretty advanced lifter if that helps with anyones opinon and my diet is great, so im sure this would aid my body to recovery, any responses would be nice thanks

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    You said it perfectly when you ended your first paragraph. Changing methods/routines are the best possible option. The body grows accustomed to certain routines very quickly.
    I guarantee you that if you are stuck in a rut w/ the same routine and have to do that many sets to get sore. Then you definitely should switch it up.

20 set is way too much unless you're counting drop and super sets. Take your next work out and switch it up. How many reps aer you doing per set on average???

i have been powerlifting for the last year. Got VERY strong, very natural to, not even creatine or anyhing like that. but a very good diet I have always been doing high set workuts from westside and other methods. I have not reay made much muscle gain over the last year, as far as my build goes i am pretty jacked but i feel for my level and strenght i should look better, but powerlifting does not nessecarily lead to hypertrophy of muscles especially in my case. So for the next year or so my mission is to become very big and very proportioned, my workouts, are very volumous though but i feel i can handle it and i feel i supply my body with enough nutients to combat overtraining. My question is am i to cocky will i over train anyways, does anyone think i can accomplish my goals with such big wokrouts, in my mind it is the only way, anyone have any articles or studys to pove me wrong thanks. And when i say the only way i know i can see results of less but i believe by supplying my body with the right nutrients before and after and throuhout the day i wil benefit form training with more set volume then i would by "letting off" in fear of overtraining.

Thread Information