diponyou is offline Associate Member

CHEST:need some help for size.

well ive noticed some size and def some strength since i first started my workout.but im lacking in size on the upper chest what are some good excersizes for size.thats pretty much all i wanted to know.thanks for the help.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Incline work should help out with this area. Incline presses, incline db presses, incline db flyes, etc. Another trick that I learned from years of experience is to slightly drop the incline, from vertical, on the adjustable bench when I shoulder press. This decreased angle will have the upper chest assist more in the movement.

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    cool thanks

make sure you take the bar right down to your chest when your doin the incline press. If you dont you wont grow as much!!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    make sure you take the bar right down to your chest when your doin the incline press. If you dont you wont grow as much!!
    A hair below the clavicular (collar bone) area is what I usually aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    A hair below the clavicular (collar bone) area is what I usually aim for.
    Me too.I trained for ages before i went right down,and when i started doing it properley my upper chest exploded!!

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, a strong chest is directly proportional to a strong back, tris and delts. Make sure you are doing bbell rows, skullcrushers and db/military press. If your numbers are going up in these exercises, your chest will follow.
    As far as the upper chest in particular, prioritize the incline work. Start with inc press, or inc db press, then follow with some inc flyes. If you want to mix things up, pre exhaust the upper pecs with flyes first, then do your inc pressing.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by Keyser Sozey; 09-29-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Thread Information