diponyou is offline Associate Member

biceps not getting sore,whats the problem?

well i think i hit my bis pretty hard but for some reason they dont get sore.is this alrite or do i need to hit them harder.if they should be getting sore what, are some excersizes you guys do that really hit your bis hard.sorry if this a retarded thread but...welll i dunno.hope u guys can give me some answers

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    You do not have to be sore to make progress in your workouts. When you are sore, it means the muscle fibers have been damaged and need to be repaired (with nutrition, rest, and sometimes recovery workouts - subject of another thread). As long as you have done more work than your last workout (reps, lbs, workout in less time, etc.), you'll make progress.

As for exercises that will make the biceps sore, take an exercise that puts the biceps under a tremendous stretch. With incline db curls, your biceps is under a pre-stretch (with proper technique) and will cause damage to muscle fibers, due to the intense stretch. The preacher curl is probably the top exercise for making your biceps sore. Many times people say they feel like they are going to tear their biceps on this one (those that go through a full range of motion).

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    do you pre exhaust them??

like do you do back the do bi on the same day??

and i agree, you don't need to hurt or make them sore to make them grow..

you need to rest/feed/stress them to make them grow..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Try a variety. Db curls,preacher,concentretad,cables etc etc.Low reps and heavy, drop sets,rest pause etc.Obviousl not all during the same workout!! This should stimulate the muscle and it should grow, just make sure you eat properley!!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You wanna be sore. Try TUT methods (Time Under Tension) Eccentric phase do 3 sec on the Eccentric phase and 2 seconds on the concentric phase. Making a set of 10 reps last almost 1 minute.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think you need to hit your arms that hard for them to grow

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    well they have grown,but i read swolecats bi excersize and i think im gonna try this one out.thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    I dont think you need to hit your arms that hard for them to grow
    Some people gain easier than others, I have to work real hard to make my arms grow while others around me dont.I would agree that its a small muscle group and to be careful not to overtrain it,but some still need to hit them hard.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You wanna be sore. Try TUT methods (Time Under Tension) Eccentric phase do 3 sec on the Eccentric phase and 2 seconds on the concentric phase. Making a set of 10 reps last almost 1 minute.
    If you really, really desire to be sore, follow what Giantz said. Really emphasize the eccentric part of the movement. That is where the muscle damage is done, not on the concentric. If you're still not feeling it, have your partner help you finish with some negatives after you have reached failure. You are a corpse (spelling) if you don't feel soreness after that.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    wow come on guys!!! I am surprised that lactic acid hasn’t been mentioned D.O.M.S Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.
    being sore is not an indication that you have had a good workout, well I suppose it dose to a point, but lactic acid Is just the result of anaerobic training, a bypass of carbon monoxide and water it doesn’t mean that you have used and recruited more muscle fibbers.
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-30-2005 at 01:37 AM.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    I tried a 3 sec eccentric and 2 sec concentric motion and totally destroyed my bi's. I did barbell curls, reverse cabered curls, hammer curls, and alternate cable curls. All were 3x8. I'm not sore but I know it's working them good.

MrBigEd is offline Junior Member
    I have the same damn problem, i've tried everything, the only thing that really worked was takin less time between sets. I dont thinks it helps with getting bigger, more of a cutting up way.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think biceps will get as sore as other muscles because they heal much faster than the others. If you work them till they get sore, and they stay sore, you may be overtraining them.

clipper is offline Associate Member
    Mine do not get sore unless i change the work out. But they still grow and get stronger. They do not have to be sore to grow.

Thread Information