Thread: Shoulders

D9S0M is offline Associate Member

Shoulders

how many presses do u guys do for shoulders???? i was wondering if 3 sets of BB Military Press and 3 of seated shoulder presses is 2 much?? should i pick one and do like 4 sets and alt them week to week??? thanks guys

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    after chest I do 2 sets D/B press and 3 sets laurels that’s it..or if you want to count how many sets for shoulders that day, it would be (11) in total, 3, flat bench, 3, incline 2, S/P 3, laterals,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 09-30-2005 at 03:54 AM.

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    yea acutally i tired that already and i felt i didnt get a good shoulder workout cuz i was freakin dead after chest.....so i do it on its own day...but was wondering if bb mills and seated shoulder presss should b done in the same workout or alt them week to week

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by D9S0M
    yea acutally i tired that already and i felt i didnt get a good shoulder workout cuz i was freakin dead after chest.....so i do it on its own day...but was wondering if bb mills and seated shoulder presss should b done in the same workout or alt them week to week
    i say go for D/B only, as they recruit more muscle fibers, you dont need both in one workout.

I like to do chest and shoulders together, you see shoulders get such a hammering during chest, doing shoulders on a additional day could lead to overtraining because you are now training them twice a week, so yes you will be stronger doing them on there own, but you are now hitting them 2 times a week.....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-01-2005 at 09:06 AM.

clipper is offline Associate Member
    Pick one. D/B I would say. But that does not mean do not do barbell. Do them like every 3 or 4 work outs.

I agree with S.P.G. on the work them out on chest day. But I still like to do them on a nother day. I Just make sure they get as lest 3 days between them.

Zapp is offline Banned
    I always work shoulders by themselves. I always do D/B presses. 6 sets, then machine press for 4 more.

Thread Information