stryker5555 is offline Junior Member

Red face 135 pounds of weights at home and cant get to the gym

OK guys this is the problem i have 135 pounds of weight at home one long bar and one dumbell that i can interchange weights on ... It sucks to say that im on house arrest and i cant get to the gym for a month due to getting things lined up with the parole officer ... what can i do or should i do with that amount of weight to try and maintain some sort of muscular health...what should i focus on the most.. remember not alot of weight here to work with ...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    You can still get a good workout in. If you get too strong for bench pressing, have someone place a plate on your back and perform pushups. If your shoulders become too strong for that amount of weight, perform handstand pushups with your feet against the wall. When that is too easy, do handstand pushups with your hands on two stools to give you extra ROM. These are just a few samples. If you want more, let me know.

nalbano34 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    You can still get a good workout in. If you get too strong for bench pressing, have someone place a plate on your back and perform pushups. If your shoulders become too strong for that amount of weight, perform handstand pushups with your feet against the wall. When that is too easy, do handstand pushups with your hands on two stools to give you extra ROM. These are just a few samples. If you want more, let me know.
    damn...you been in jail before? LOL...great suggestions....also try placing your hands on like the bathroom sink or something and try a dip like movement.It is a little awkward at first due to drag from your legs but is really great to pump you up a bit!

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    slow your reps down too, do like a 1:5 count. really hit the muscle on the negative. and you dont need alot of weight.

also if you have a spotter, you can put the 135 on the bench or so, and at the start of the bench, or whatever really, do a 10 second isometric stint, this is where the spotter will hold the weight down, and you will actively use maximal force against the weight, for about 10 seconds. its kinda hard, but make sure that the spotter holds the weight down evenly, and helps you with the rest of the set.

ward065 is offline Member
    try to do 1 legged squats- you'll work your quads pretty well with that much weight, 1 legged

do one armed exercises with the dumbell i.e. front raises, dumbell curls, bent over laterals, tricep extensions single handed.

if i can ask though, why r u under house arrest?

Thread Information