Thread: Rotator cuff

Ridla is offline Associate Member

Rotator cuff

I am doing a test and deca cycle
    Test E- 500
    Deca- 200
    The reason I am doing that dose of deca is for my rotator cuffs to heal. Now if I have a weak rotator cuff do I work the Rotator cuff on cycle? Or do I go about my normal workouts and let it heal by itself?!

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    What's wrong with your rotator cuff? Did you tear something or just injure it? If it's just injured, stay away from it and let it heal, you never want to train through injuries, best to let them heal first.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    If you really wanna heal ur rotator cuff properly, dont do heavy liftin, instead do tons of rubber band exercises isolatin it. You should be able to find tons of them online. After a couple of months, gradually build up weight trainin so you can do heavy weight. Its gonna take time to heal, unless you want to really mess it up dont push it.

Ridla is offline Associate Member
    I had a little tear in when plaing soft ball in highschool. Its has been like 8 years now and ever time I bench I feel my rotator cuffs acting funny. It onl feels a little week in a certain position actually.
    So for the past 7 month I have been doing only DB's for chest and shoulder days. it helped alot but I still feel that little drag in the cuffs after my workouts. So what I am trying to say is that deca is known for healing rotator cuff throught various studies. Now back to my original question, Do I do rotator cuff exercises i.e isolated or do I just bench and do normal exercises carfully and they will heal by itself???

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I have a bad cuff my self. I do exercises for it before I work out and 3 other times a week. I do them on and off cycle. It works for me.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I have a small tear but still do some curls and some bench and a few other light activities but I start my pt tuesday and they said 4 to 6 weeks hopefully to get it back to strength so i'd suggest pt also if you can so good luck on whatever you do.

Hooksetter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I have a small tear but still do some curls and some bench and a few other light activities but I start my pt tuesday and they said 4 to 6 weeks hopefully to get it back to strength so i'd suggest pt also if you can so good luck on whatever you do.
    Finally yes someone who understands lol .......Yes your gonna need Physical Therapy if its a bad tear. Isolating lifts maybe would help but with only light weight, and i mean extreme light... I would say bench bad idea for a while. If you go to a physical therapist they are gonna do rubberband excercises and movement restrictions. I know how you feel i used to think, "man physical therapy exercises are for pussys i could do their excercises no matter how injured i was".... But after a couple of hours in PT trust me u'll be sweatin and hurtin like u never have. It will be a mind blowin workout and your shoulder and rotator cuff will definately need rest.

This comes from a guy who has torn his rotator cuff and separated that same shoulder 5 times.
    Last edited by Hooksetter; 10-03-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Vegas67 is offline Member
    I have been working around an injury that happened nearly 13 years ago with my rotator cuff and some heavy militaries. I tweak it about every 3 months or so and the only thing that helps is backing off and using the rubber bands. Also I dont flat bench, or do behind the back bb presses which fry my shoulders.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooksetter
    Finally yes someone who understands lol .......Yes your gonna need Physical Therapy if its a bad tear. Isolating lifts maybe would help but with only light weight, and i mean extreme light... I would say bench bad idea for a while. If you go to a physical therapist they are gonna do rubberband excercises and movement restrictions. I know how you feel i used to think, "man physical therapy exercises are for pussys i could do their excercises no matter how injured i was".... But after a couple of hours in PT trust me u'll be sweatin and hurtin like u never have. It will be a mind blowin workout and your shoulder and rotator cuff will definately need rest.

This comes from a guy who has torn his rotator cuff and separated that same shoulder 5 times.
    I agree with you it doesn't feel good even doing bench so i'm just going to do cardio and curls until my pt is finished.

Thread Information