Thread: is this weird?

livewire57 is offline Associate Member

is this weird?

On chest day I usually start out with dumbbell flat chest press, i go 85x8 90x6 95x4 and 100's til i fail. Then I will do a tricep exercise. But when it comes time for incline dumbbell presses, I struggle with just the 75's. Is this weird? I can easily do 85's on flat bench up to the 100's but I can barely put up 75 on incline. Maybe I should start off with incline from now on? Thanks nukkas
    Last edited by livewire57; 10-03-2005 at 06:48 PM.

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    you could try that, mixing it up(including the order) is good to shock every once in a while...dont forget too that incline may hit your lats and shoulders harder or differently than flat bench will which may impact your abilities...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire57
    On chest day I usually start out with dumbbell flat chest press, i go 85x8 90x6 95x4 and 100's til i fail. Then I will do a tricep exercise. But when it comes time for incline dumbbell presses, I struggle with just the 75's. Is this weird? I can easily do 85's on flat bench up to the 100's but I can barely put up 75 on incline. Maybe I should start off with incline from now on? Thanks nukkas
    The fatigue factor definitely comes into play. If you performed the inclines first, over time, you weight will definitely go up.
    You could always take that triceps exercise and place in behind the inclines. Your triceps, along with the anterior delts, assist the pecs in benching. Use this if you want to keep flats first. Most prefer inclines first because most people lack upper pec development.

Thread Information