samwill226 is offline New Member

Upper Body Routine

Hey guys I know you see soooo many of these that it get's old. I have a 3 day routine that I have for upper body, I'm kinda new to this (6 mos.) and I wanted to see if I'm ok or not. It's not near as long as some others I have seen so it should be easy to critique. Diet I know always comes into play, so yes I eat alot of protien eggs for breakfast, two helpings of fish, beef, or chicken (no not burgers, Long John Silver or KFC) and usually one of the three for dinner opposite of lunch. I take in any protien I'm missing through shakes, and I am taking Celltech Creatine pre and post work outs. I know I need more calories, but I need to drop weight especially in my chest so I am flirting with a 2,500 calorie diet on non-workout days, sometimes if my body tells me I need more, I don't fight it, but I do it with low fat snacks like fruits and what not. I am 6'0" and weigh in at 265 (where I have been at for 6 months despite being told I look much thinner, hasn't really budged?) which sounds fat and I admit I have fat. But just to give you some idea, no one ever believes I weigh that much and i often have to prove it. I am also very active.

Ok here we go:
    I usually switch days around every few weeks to keep things diffrent and I add and subtract things as I find that I want to try them. I also move around Dumbbells, and Barbells usually barbell for chest and Dumbbell for arms.

Monday:
    Incline Press 4 X 10
    Incline Butterflies 3 X 10
    Flat Press 4 X 10
    Pullovers 4 X 10 (I really like these)
    Wide grip push ups usually 30 sometimes I will elevate my feet depending on how I feel
    Chest Expander (Chest Spring) when I'm watching TV just to do something.

Wednesday:
    Incline Hammer Curls 3 X 10
    Incline EZ Bar Curl 3 X 10 (When I do Barbell I get horrible pains in my wrist)
    Military Press 3 X 10
    Close Grip Bench Press 3 X10
    (Free weight version of the) Upright Row 3 X 10

Also does sitting keep your back from helping you cheat? because I have been failing often in the seated position for curls?

Sunday:
    Lat Tower pull downs:
    Wide Grip 3 X 10
    Under Hand 3 X 10
    Standing Straight Arm 3 X 10
    Dumbbell Rows 3 X 10
    Shrugs until failure

Thats it, maybe I'm doing too much or not enough? I think by nature I'll be a mass gainer and I don't see me having great cuts, I think it's just maybe a genetic thing. I'm looking to be big more than cut, but fat could pose a problem there if I don't get it down, which again is for the diet. Anyway I would appreciate any good feed back on this. Thanks guys sorry you have to see another routine critique !

Thanks!
    Sam

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Ok, it may be just me but I’ve looked at your routine and couldn’t seem to see the leg training

Chest Expander (Chest Spring) when I'm watching TV just to do something. LMFAO!!!!! sorry bro that made my day
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-05-2005 at 07:02 AM.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    any reason why you are neglecting your shoulders so much? ill write more in the morning, being called.

good night.

LOL Yeah my wife got it for me, she thought she was being supportive and I kinda just looked at it and now I use it when ever I'm sitting around so she can feel good, like I appreciate it. I guess it was funny to even mention it.

About Legs this is just my upper body routine so I didn't include legs in there and legs seem to be doing fine.

I thought I was doing enough shoulders, but if you think I should add or substitude something I'm up for it.

Thanks

Sam

I probably do actually neglect shoulders without meaning too now that I thought about it. I get a pinching pain in my shoulder and I can't seem to get it to stop and I work through it and just keep going, but I'm sure that reflects in my routine without meaning too.

Thanks

ok sam in red bro......
    Quote Originally Posted by samwill226
    Hey guys I know you see soooo many of these that it get's old. I have a 3 day routine that I have for upper body, I'm kinda new to this (6 mos.) and I wanted to see if I'm ok or not. It's not near as long as some others I have seen so it should be easy to critique. Diet I know always comes into play, so yes I eat alot of protien eggs for breakfast, two helpings of fish, beef, or chicken (no not burgers, Long John Silver or KFC) and usually one of the three for dinner opposite of lunch. I take in any protien I'm missing through shakes, and I am taking Celltech Creatine pre and post work outs. I know I need more calories, but I need to drop weight especially in my chest so I am flirting with a 2,500 calorie diet on non-workout days, sometimes if my body tells me I need more, I don't fight it, but I do it with low fat snacks like fruits and what not. I am 6'0" and weigh in at 265 (where I have been at for 6 months despite being told I look much thinner, hasn't really budged?) which sounds fat and I admit I have fat. But just to give you some idea, no one ever believes I weigh that much and i often have to prove it. I am also very active.

Ok here we go:
    I usually switch days around every few weeks to keep things diffrent and I add and subtract things as I find that I want to try them. I also move around Dumbbells, and Barbells usually barbell for chest and Dumbbell for arms.

Monday:
    Incline Press 4 X 10 drop sets to 3 on this workout
    Incline Butterflies 3 X 10
    Flat Press 4 X 10
    Pullovers 4 X 10

Wednesday:
    Incline Hammer Curls 3 X 10
    Incline EZ Bar Curl 3 X 10
    Military Press 3 X 10 Add side laterals x3
    Close Grip Bench Press 3 X10 add skullkrushers
    (Free weight version of the) Upright Row 3 X 10 drop as you are doing traps on sunday
    Also does sitting keep your back from helping you cheat? because I have been failing often in the seated position for curls?

Sunday:
    Lat Tower pull downs: add deads
    Wide Grip 3 X 10 pulldowns??
    Under Hand 3 X 10 drop for pull-ups
    Standing Straight Arm 3 X 10
    Dumbbell Rows 3 X make them bar rows
    Shrugs until failure add your Upright Row here if you want, x2

i take it that your tanning in a gym if you are you have no reason not to squat or dead lift get them done dude there well worth it...

you could do it like this

mon,, chest should
    tue,,off
    wen,,legs bis,,
    thu,,off
    frid,, back tris,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-05-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Great advice man I can do that. I do not actually work out in a gym, I do it at home on a bench that has a lat tower. Everything else it's just me and the weights. So I actually need to add some more things and cut some sets back? Thats the kinda stuff I'm looking for thats awesome.

Thanks for the advice that helps me a ton man!

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by samwill226
    Great advice man I can do that. I do not actually work out in a gym, I do it at home on a bench that has a lat tower. Everything else it's just me and the weights. So I actually need to add some more things and cut some sets back? Thats the kinda stuff I'm looking for thats awesome.

Thanks for the advice that helps me a ton man!

Sam
    no probs.....

Thread Information