Thread: pecs

jwet is offline Junior Member

pecs

My pecs are in different size, it really bugs my. I been working my chest with dumbells only for a year hoping it would level out but it hasenīt, what to do?

Try using a heavier one on the smaller pec!

Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Hmm, gonna try it, tnx

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I would you the same weight db's and perform extra repetitions on the smaller pec side. This is the method that I prefer because when you do a unilateral exercise you can focus all of your energy (nervous system) onto that smaller pec.

Flexor is offline Banned
    If you've been using correct form then the imbalance that you have is most likely genetic IMO, but you can probably correct it

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    If you've been using correct form then the imbalance that you have is most likely genetic IMO, but you can probably correct it
    I think itīs genetic. My right latīs smaller to.

Gonna try strikers advice

tnx yaīll

theshiz777 is offline Junior Member
    Do you use a spotter? Have a spotter help you squeeze out a few more reps on the weaker side. will work

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwet
    My pecs are in different size, it really bugs my. I been working my chest with dumbells only for a year hoping it would level out but it hasenīt, what to do?
    most people have different sized pecs, lats, arms, etc. its mainly genetics.

Cotton is offline New Member
    Yes it's genetics. I'm the same way. My right is smaller. The reason is the shape of my sternum. My son is the same way. I think I will try strikers approach.

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    uhh...NEVER do that....not only will the sizes be different, but the strengths will fluctuate also.........try continuing w/ dumbells but concentrate especially on the weaker one with pecs...and use more triceps for the stronger one

oneluckymonkey is offline New Member
    guys, those reps won't necessarily help.
    Maybe it its ur genetics, but always watch your form. get a spotter that doesn't just spots you and pushes you but get one thatll watch you too.
    I see it all the time where guys are doing dumbbell s and its obvious that there chest isn't equaling out cus they tend to push there left side of ther body deep into the bench, and just a bunch of other crazy habits. Just watch the form, make sure your grip is equal, and then your chest should equal out. I've spent 1 year testing how to even out my chest and doing heavier weights on one side or more reps only screws you up even more ie your laggin side's shoulder or tricep will get bigger cus your lagging chest isn't necessarily being worked out.

I hope this sin't too confusing and hope it helps

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oneluckymonkey
    guys, those reps won't necessarily help.
    Maybe it its ur genetics, but always watch your form. get a spotter that doesn't just spots you and pushes you but get one thatll watch you too.
    I see it all the time where guys are doing dumbbell s and its obvious that there chest isn't equaling out cus they tend to push there left side of ther body deep into the bench, and just a bunch of other crazy habits. Just watch the form, make sure your grip is equal, and then your chest should equal out. I've spent 1 year testing how to even out my chest and doing heavier weights on one side or more reps only screws you up even more ie your laggin side's shoulder or tricep will get bigger cus your lagging chest isn't necessarily being worked out.

I hope this sin't too confusing and hope it helps
    You're exactly right. You can't work one pec and not the other because your shoulder will massively overcompensate with the dumbells. If the pec in question doesn't grow with the balanced intensity of heavy mass exercises like barbell bench and dips, its simply isn't meant to grow. Half measures don't build muscle, but you might find imbalances slowly equal up.

Form can't make the difference between one big pec and one small one, because if you think about it even if one side was taking 55% of the load there is still 45% of a considerable load on the other side and a few % or centimetres of hand grip here or there wouldn't make a lot of difference IMO
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-03-2005 at 07:27 AM.

beuleux is offline Banned

dont worry about it

nobody is symetrical, examine some pictures in BB mags and you will notice that everyone has a bigger side, but when you look at them your mind builds an overall picture, thus everyone else looks symetrical to you. I bet no-one else even notices your smaller pec, post a pic and we will see if we can notice it.

Thread Information