Thread: changing it up

faustunta is offline Junior Member

changing it up

just curious....after doing the same damn thing for ever..... i usually lift heavy 6-10 reps on all muscle groups.... how bout once a month for a week training every body part light...but 20-30 reps per set ??? good or no?

HULKBOY is offline Member
    just curious if your doin this to shock your muscles or are you feeling fatigued??
    cause if your feeling fatigued i think that is ok but if you are trying to shock your muscles or something i wouldnt do that just change up a few excercises and maybe do higher reps on some of the accesory lifts.

nah just to change it up..i kee a written record each time i work out so everytimer i go to the gym i try to increase my weight @ 2.5 pounds per week..weight im lifting not my body weight. but just wodering what working with more reps would do...

HULKBOY is offline Member
    personally im just not a big fan of higher reps the most ill do is about 12 and i mainly stick at 6-10 depending on the body part and exercise and for some people it seems that they can do good with higher reps but the majority dont like to do high reps. and since your going for strenght gains you should probably drop the high reps and go to lower reps w/an increase in weight that week where you had your high reps.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I alternate from 6-8 on low rep days to 12-15 on high rep days.

All with a 2/2 cadence. It's what I did back in the day that worked so well, and I wonder now why I ever changed from that. It assures you work ALL types of muscle fiber for maximum growth and stimulation. Unless you KNOW for sure what types of muscle fibers you have in every part of your body, you'd be wise to try all rep ranges.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I alternate from 6-8 on low rep days to 12-15 on high rep days.

All with a 2/2 cadence. It's what I did back in the day that worked so well, and I wonder now why I ever changed from that. It assures you work ALL types of muscle fiber for maximum growth and stimulation. Unless you KNOW for sure what types of muscle fibers you have in every part of your body, you'd be wise to try all rep ranges.

~SC~

well that info coming from the big boy himself..... looks like im doing siome high rep days thanks swole

alo5603 is offline Member
    so swole, how would you know when to change? would you just alternate every week or would you go a few weeks at low reps and then go high rep for a week, then back to low reps.

alo

Thread Information