vinh is offline Junior Member

Angry man, why cant i feel the workout!!!

Ive tryed wider grip, hit training and all.. i still cant remember what pain on the chest feels like,

the first few times i trained, i felt pain and after that i cant feel the workout on the chest no more, i tryed hit for about 2months now, iam getting stronger but my chest isnt growing, i still cant feel pain, after a hit workout i cant even flex my chest, its like i lost feel and contraction of them and after a night sleep then i can flex my chest in the morning...

what is wrong with me???

my chest workout is this:
    bench:
    12x60kilos
    10x65kilos
    8x70kilos
    6x80kilos

inclide dumbell press:
    12x20kilos
    10x22kilos
    8x25kilos

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    Max out with just 1 rep... Just try heavier weight with lower reps... Works for me, Im usually real sore for a good 4-6 days when i do chest

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Try adding some fly's or dips , stretching and squeezing, think
    about the muscle and contract the chest with each rep, don't
    just go through the motions!

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    That is 1 thing i forgot to mention, u should do 3-4 exercises IMO. Like Mallet said, try flys and dips...maybe even cabels. And when u do bench or whatever, make sure u do strict reps, and go all the way down to ur chest. Good luck

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    when you're bench pressing, stop the bar for a count of two when it's at its loweest point. so basically, lower it down, count to two, then explode it back up

peaker is offline Senior Member

mix it up

try mixing it up a bit. start on incline bench for a while, alternate from using DB's and BB's for all your chest exercises.

try some decline presses, and cable crossovers (decline or flat).

Also i dont know how many of you guys agree but chest dips are the best way to finish your chest workout

Peak

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

do you use supplementation?

i'm w/ the rest of the guys suggestions and also have you considered supplementing creatine possibly?the cellvolumization it produces may help w/ your mind/muscle connection.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Your reps are to high and you need to pause on the bottom not resting push against the bar but let it stay in the down posistion for a count of two then lockout. And you also need to go heavy as possible

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    you can try this it worked for me. try to mix in some flyes inbetween bench set so you can stretch it out a little bit in between bench had a massage therapist tell me that and i get a good pump from it if that dont apeal to you try what dane and some of the other guys tell you these are our big bros that know what they are talking about.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    trying dueing some fly exercises to pre burn your chest out before you hit it with multi muscle pressing exercises. Take you reps slow...2-3 secs on the negative and explode on the postive movement of the exercise. Think of the muscle while you are working it..concentrate hard and make sure that you get a full contraction. If this doesn't help....I don't have a clue what you can do.

also

make sure you are prestretching properly to create bloodflow to your muscles and continuously stretch and flex inbetween sets to keep bloodflow in the local area.i just figured it was a given so i forgot to mention it.sorry

Capital X is offline Associate Member

Don't make your routine a routine

I would suggest that you do some research and find a few different chest excercises. Learn to swicth it up a little more. One day do barbells and the next do dumbells. Every once and awhile switch to a crazy high rep workout that burns your musclese to the max. Sometimes just slowing down the movement (as was stated above) rest the weight at the bottom and explode on the way up. Always keep your body guessing what you are going to do next.

Capital X

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You should not feel pain .Anyway you could try stripping the bar do your max then take some weight off and go to failure then take more off and do the same . You will feel the burn then.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: man, why cant i feel the workout!!!

Originally posted by vinh
    my chest workout is this...
    bench...
    inclide dumbell press...
    Hey, Vinh, nice to see you back!

All of the suggestions I've read here are good ones. Here are my 2¢ . . .

The problem I see is that you've only been doing two exercises. After a while, you max out with the same routine, so the best thing is to vary the routine.

If your gym has a decline bench, I would recommend doing decline presses - up, then turn the dumbbells and knock 'em together (it creates a fly action to the chest).

And the best one I've seen is to add the pectoral fly itself, using a good fly machine (this is the one exercise that works better on a circuit machine than with free weights). That will help give you more definition.

But all in all, it sounds like you've made real progress!

vinh is offline Junior Member
    ok done bench again today... ok more wider grip and done this workout:

bench:
    8x70kilos
    6x75kilos
    6x80kilos

from the wider grip, i felt the biggest strech and pain where the chest and the arm meets..

this time after the workout, i could flex my chest and it went hard.

i think iam starting to get back into a gainging again and on the road again.. i hope

it would just be good if i could get pain right in the middle of the chest aswell..

vinh

don't make the mistake of confusing PAIN w/ Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness.one is counterproductive and the other is micro tears which will give you the that you have created a hypertropic state.

Thread Information