Terinox is offline The One & Only

How does my routine look?

I've been "in" and "out" of it for a long time, but for the past 4 weeks I've been back in hardcore, and I started a simple small cycle recently.

My friend suggested I change it up a bit, so I went from a 3 times a week program to a 4 times a week program.

Monday - Chest/Biceps/ABS
    Tuesdays - Back/Triceps/Sides
    Thursday - Legs/ABS
    Friday - Shoulders/Shruggs/Sides

I've always done chest/triceps and back/biceps together, so my friend suggested to change it up a bit, and was wondering who else has done this. Just for sake of changing it up a bit for the body.

Let me know, thanks.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Your friend made a very intelligent suggestion. You will be surprised by how much your totals go up. I've done it myself and was not disappointed.

transform is offline Associate Member
    I started doing a routine nearly identical to that and im very happy with it. One thing id change is id do back and triceps on thursday and legs on tuesday, because id feel like my biceps were gettin to much if they were trained directly on monday then trained again indirectly on tuesday and same for triceps. my 2 cents

diponyou is offline Associate Member
    so you only workout 4 days a week?is there a reason for this?
    I would go 5 times but thats just me.

If you asked 100 diff guys what routine to go with you'll hear 100 diff answers.thats just the ways it is.

i try to work one thing a day jus so i can hit the most weight,its worked very well for me so far,thats just me though.

def i would'nt work your bis and back so close together.

but whatever works for you go for it.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by diponyou
    so you only workout 4 days a week?is there a reason for this?
    I would go 5 times but thats just me.

If you asked 100 diff guys what routine to go with you'll hear 100 diff answers.thats just the ways it is.

i try to work one thing a day jus so i can hit the most weight,its worked very well for me so far,thats just me though.

def i would'nt work your bis and back so close together.

but whatever works for you go for it.
    I just thought 4 days a week is good. I don't want to overtrain, and overdo it. One week rest between the main groups as well. I try my best to work hard those 4 days, being in school and all, it is tough as it is, so for now I'm thinking of just keeping it like this (I will change the biceps/legs though as you guys recommended).

Thanks,
    T.

Thread Information