Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

is it OK to ditch cardio all together?

I have been running 3 miles 3x a week while attempting a bulking cycle. I hit it really hard in the gym for about 1-1.5 hrs a day. I am getting around 4-5k calories a day with 4xx grams of carbs/protein and 6x grams of fat (including EFAs). I want to get bulky this winter and cut in the spring. However, I have been running to compensate for the extra calories while bulking. Will I see a significant amount of fat gain if I cut the cardio out? It is tough to get to the gym, school, and eat every hour or so even if I don't run, and that takes up an extra hour I don't have. Should I just get up earlier and run to keep the fat gain low, or say screw it till spring?

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are eating 4-5k of quality food, then imo, since you want to really bulk, i think you could ditch cardio or go down to one day a week of a longer distance slower pace cardio (as long as heart rate is in 'the zone'). I would do the one day at least instead of just ditching. maybe every sat or sunday when you dont have work or not that busy, go for a long bike ride or whatever. If you are eating more or less anything you want and not worrying about the quality of your diet (since youa re bulking), then id continue with cardio. its a lot easier imo to add bf than it is to take it off.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Cardio is always good to keep in your routine even if it's just to get the blood flowing and maintaining a healthy heart. IMO I wouldn't ditch cardio completely. Just cut back to 3 days a week.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Cardio is always good to keep in your routine even if it's just to get the blood flowing and maintaining a healthy heart. IMO I wouldn't ditch cardio completely. Just cut back to 3 days a week.

I agree 100% You need to exercise your heart just like any other muscle.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    I'm not just eating whatever I want. My 4-5k calories comes from tuna, chicken, chicken, chicken, pastas, rice, etc. Shit I am beyond tired of! I am already going 3 days a week, soo, I guess I'll keep with it. I'll try it on Saturday and Sunday and maybe throw in another day on Wednesday. Thanks

Thread Information