scrapakilla is offline Associate Member

night time cardio

is it so terrible to do cardio right before bed, and immidietely after about 30 minutes of cardio i will have a shake with flax. I read it is good to have this meal after cardio and as well before bed so i figured it could be a descent combination. Is there a reason why everyone on this board swears by morning cardio and if so why do you prefer it to night cardio so much. Is there any downfalls of doin night cardio thanks.

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member
    The only difference I can tell is when you do it in the AM you are doing it on an empty stomach. I prefer doing it in the afternoon or evening because I hate waking up.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    is it so terrible to do cardio right before bed, and immidietely after about 30 minutes of cardio i will have a shake with flax. I read it is good to have this meal after cardio and as well before bed so i figured it could be a descent combination. Is there a reason why everyone on this board swears by morning cardio and if so why do you prefer it to night cardio so much. Is there any downfalls of doin night cardio thanks.

When doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning you have no carbs to use as energy so the body must use fat for energy, which means you'll burn a lot more fat. I I were cutting I would definitly do am cardio. If bulking I would still do cardio because you need to exercise the heart, but when to do it is in the air I do mine in the am on my day of, but it's not sprinting up stairs or anythign just enough to get your heart a good workout.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    yea i just do like a light jog, heavy bag workout, or ride my bike for like 20 to 30 minutes 3 times a week. I am not trying to lose fat just build my cardio up and strenghten it. So i will continue to do it at ngiht. I just was not sure if any one migt t hink it makes you catabolic while you sleep which would be bad.

Thread Information