needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

Do squats help improve upper body ?

Is it true that doing squats help improve the upper body...or a myth ?

HULKBOY is offline Member
    working out the lower body in general will get you bigger all around. from what ive noticed, but as far as T/F ya got me there man.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Squats, heavy deads will hit a lot of muscle groups......... so IMO it's not a myth

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i'v heard that doing squats i.e-working lower body will help your body produce more natural testosterone so if this i true then i would have to say yes it would help improve you overall body,, a coach once told me that you grom from the ground up like a tree so you should work ur lower body anyways

*KT* is offline New Member
    i'd say squats and deadlifts will help build muscle everywhere, there's so many muscle groups involved that it gets the blood pumping and nutrients flowing

ward065 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i'v heard that doing squats i.e-working lower body will help your body produce more natural testosterone so if this i true then i would have to say yes it would help improve you overall body,, a coach once told me that you grom from the ground up like a tree so you should work ur lower body anyways
    yes....i've heard squats/ dls especially help in natural test and a few things i've read have even said gh production

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    Yes, squats and deads will help your upper body grow. The way that this works other than just working the muscles is that being that these exercises require that you breathe harder, in turn this makes your rib cage expand. When your rib cage expands, obvioudly, your upper body will fill out thicker and wider. So is it a myth? No, it's fact. And also, you'd have to think of your body as a machine, your body will not allow your body to get out of proportion, meaning that your upper body will only grow so much before you hit a plateau. That's why you need to work lower body, even just a little will help the upper body since it will be more in proportion to each other.

As far as test and GH levels, this is also true to an extent. Intense leg exercises i.e. squats, deads, will release more GH into the body and this obviously will increase your pumps and once again get you to grow.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    answers my question too.

btw nice bouncing avatars up in here!

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    your glutes are your biggest muscle so in doing squats it produces the most gh, which can help your whole body to grow

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    your glutes are your biggest muscle so in doing squats it produces the most gh, which can help your whole body to grow
    Glutes are probably the biggest muscle by volume, you're right. Many would think it was the quads without realising the true meaning of 'QUAD'. Still collectively, the quads are huge so they too stimulate GH and test in the same way. As will working the entire back muscles through heavy barbell rows and deadlifts.
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-10-2005 at 12:59 PM.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    heavy squats and heavy dead lifts helps raising the body's natural production of HGH and Testosterone . therfore; overall growth.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    It was once said by a certain professional in the game that "you must teach your muscles to grow, and the best teacher is your legs"... Biggest muscle group, train them, the rest of the body will grow

wrx
    wrx is offline Associate Member
    doing squats,deadlifts,and bench presses causes release of GH!
    thats why everyone should do all them 3.
    i can tell you that when i started training i didnt work lower body and my legs just grew with the rest of the body.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    when i started working my legs consistantly and hard..my upperbody strength did rise...bench jumped 15 pounds...im a believer

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    The results are clear, there's no myth about it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    See my OBVIOUS TRAINING REMINDER above.

~SC~

Thread Information