insanepump621 is offline Member

new workout... im bulking please critique

Im 20 y/o on my 2nd cycle of test prop/npp and ive been just going to the gym and just working out no set routine or nothing im setting sumthing up where im hittin all 3 muscle groups of everything for example chest-upper,middle and lower. I am trying to get the reps low but the sets around 4 cuz I heard around 4 heavy sets is necessary if your trying to grow. I am 202lbs with 10.8% bodyfat I currently do no cardio whatsoever except when I first get to the gym for 5-10 min. at a time. Im just going to throw out my chest and back workout to see what you all think and see if im going in the right direction with this. Thank.

CHEST-
    warm up excercise- medicine ball push-up 2 sets 15,15 reps
    flat bench- 3 sets 9,7,4 reps
    incline bench-4 sets 8,6,6,4
    decline dumbell flye- 3 sets 10,8,6
    cable crossover-3 sets 10,8,8

BACK-
    Deadlift warm-up set of 15 reps 4 sets- 12,10,8,6
    front pulldown 3 sets 10,8,8
    seated row 3 sets (close-grip) 8,8,6
    straight arm pull-down 3 sets 10,8,6
    Im concentrating on my lat development cuz its weak so im hitting upper and lower
    I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE 4 SETS BUT ITS HARD TO KEEP THEM HIGH WITHOUT OVERTRAINING.

bump

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    I am trying to get the reps low but the sets around 4 cuz I heard around 4 heavy sets is necessary if your trying to grow.
    No not necessarily its more how your training to stimulate the muscle than the amount your do, 2sets can be as good as 4, if you train hard enough, and possibly more productive for some, I think it is necessary to go a little higher with your reps to get as much muscle recruitment and hypertrophy as you can, 8-12-15 don’t forget that you have two types of muscle fibers.
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-10-2005 at 03:19 AM.

*KT* is offline New Member
    Keeping the reps low (below 6) concentrates mainly on strength, higher than 6 for stimulates more muscle fibers for optimal growth

so... do you guys think its ok? Should up the reps? Whats the most working sets I should have?

Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    so... do you guys think its ok? Should up the reps? Whats the most working sets I should have?
    Triceps 6-7 sets
    Biceps 6
    Chest 8
    Legs 8-9
    Back 8-9
    Traps 3-4
    Shoulders 4-5

this is just for the average natty trainee not a genetic gear monster!! obviously some will need more, every one is different, but this is what I have found affective in 5 years of training people...

But im currently not natty right now im test prop at 600mg a week and npp at 400mg a week for 10 weeks and im just entering week 2

Well its up to you, see how you go, if you want to add more then add it but just because your on gear, that doesn’t mean that you can go mad! think of you CNS ect, ect, keep a eye on your recovery abilities,,

the routine looks ok, just add some pull-ups on back.

Thread Information