ExitedNoob is offline Junior Member

proper times to eat and stamina issue

I was wondering if its good to eat before or after your workout or maybe both. I lift every morning and I eat afterwards. Mainly b/c i work 2nd shift so i come hom at 11 at night and im hungry... So i eat at 11:30pm. I'm guess thats pretty bad too, but yea before,after or both?????? and if it's good to eat before at all how long before my work out takes place should I eat?

And 1 question for my friend. Everyday we lift he doesn't have the stamina to keep going after the first set. For instance. We did Arms today and after we did 4 sets of 10 on the curl bar (he did good). Then we went to Hammer curls and he has to go so low in weight to do 4 sets. It's not like he can't do them it's just that whatever we do 2nd 3rd 4th and so on he becomes so weak with and I really have to motivate him to keep his momenum up so he doesn't get frustrated and quit. Why is this? Is there anything he can do to change this? For the past 45days I just have been telling him to push thro it. He thinks maybe its in his diet.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    1. if you're on the gear eat before and after you lift. eat. eat. eat.

2. tell you buddy to suck and up and work hard.

CLeeK is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    1. if you're on the gear eat before and after you lift. eat. eat. eat.

2. tell you buddy to suck and up and work hard.
    What sense does that make? Did you read his post? He said I can lift the weight, it's just that I can not do it as much (stamina). How is it not working hard? I guess I'm not working hard if I cannot lift it. Marines, no brains.

A reasonable and helpful (let alone less smart-assed) response would have been:

2) It's probably his diet. Ask him if he eats more natural proteins, fish, chicken, steak and cottage cheese.

2) Is he getting enough sleep?

2) What suppliments is he taking?

Not "suck it up and work hard". Not helpful at all. I'm looking for experience here, someone who ran across the same problem, and introduced some kind of changed that helped they might be able to share. Not a smart assed response from a who needs to poke themselfs to keep up.
    Last edited by CLeeK; 10-13-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Maybe someone can help you now that we have the smart ass comment(s) out of the way? I can vouch for my friend. He needs some type of help. We push the hell out of one another at the gYm. He is a great partner. He has come a long long way. I'm very impressed with him. So it's not like he is not trying. Hopefully he can get some positive crit here....

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I'd look into his diet and make sure he's getting enough calories. My training partner is on Concerta (spelling) for ADD and it causes him to have no appetite. He got very fatigued after a few sets just because he was burning more calories than he was getting. He was only consuming 1800 calories a day and burning more than that throughout the day. I put him on some protein shakes, told him to go to the doctor, get a different med, all of which he did. Now he got his appetite back, changed meds, and gained his weight right back and now has his stamina back.

Also, you might want to check his sleeping pattern too. He'll want to be getting at bare minimum 6 but closer to 8 so he has enough strength/stamina to train and train right. I'm not saying he's not training right, but train with weight that he should be handling.

thanks alot

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Shitty attitude AND you own a gun.

We'll see you on the news soon.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by CLeeK
    What sense does that make? Did you read his post? He said I can lift the weight, it's just that I can not do it as much (stamina). How is it not working hard? I guess I'm not working hard if I cannot lift it. Marines, no brains.

A reasonable and helpful (let alone less smart-assed) response would have been:

2) It's probably his diet. Ask him if he eats more natural proteins, fish, chicken, steak and cottage cheese.

2) Is he getting enough sleep?

2) What suppliments is he taking?

Not "suck it up and work hard". Not helpful at all. I'm looking for experience here, someone who ran across the same problem, and introduced some kind of changed that helped they might be able to share. Not a smart assed response from a who needs to poke themselfs to keep up.

CLeeK is offline New Member
    Thanks Billy, you da man!

I think I should go on Mega Men or Centrum Performance ... my muscles feel like they can lift, but my joints feel like they are gonna snap! It's like bone soreness...and I try to stretch and warm up. I'm motivated, so I think it's my diet and my sleep.

I go to bed around 11:30 PM - 12:00 AM, to wake up at 5:30 to go to the gym for an hour and 15 minutes before work, then head to work from 8 - 4:30.

I eat Cheerios for breakfast in 2% milk, usually with a bananna and O.J., then either some "Healthy Ones" for lunch (it's like a slim fast meal)...sometimes the occasional General Tso's from the local Chinese joint (I know, sodium / fat). When I come home I usually have whatever for dinner, like lasagna or junk like that. I am taking low dose clenbuterol , which is like 3 a day (very low dose). I'm going to bump that up a bit. I never take this before a workout - it's usually after lunch.

Here's some specs:

My bro and I have been going to the gym we are going to for about 1 1/2 months, 3 times a week, sometimes 4. One of those days we usually mostly do cardio, swimming, steam room. The other 3 we focus on tris / chest (do it on the same day), and biceps and neck / back. I have previous workout experience but before this gym I haven't gone in more than a year.

Chest: My max on the flat bench is 230 conservative, although today I did a few sets of 8 at around 190, so not sure if I wasn't doing good that day. Incline / decline I can do around 55 butterfly type with dumbells. Could probably do more fresh.

Curls: I can do about 3 sets of 8 at 125 lbs. After this I get fatigued and my buddy can go a little farther, maybe even with a little more weight.

Tri's: Ok, this might sound junky, but I do them after killing myself in incline / decline / flat chest... 50 lbs. I'm sure I can do a lot more if I am fresh.

Back I really haven't measured, so I won't even go into that. What I do is what I do, just as long as I work it out. I focus more on tris / bi's / chest.

Nice post bro. Hopefully you can get more good people out there like Billy and we can nail this thing.... Besides I like looking at Billy's icon. hmmm yummm lolz.
    O and true thing about the chest max Chris. I wasn't thinking. I remember last week when we did that max. I was struggling, but then look at today. We pumped out 195. hmm Maybe we were to rested (3 days rest) when we tried that or not properly fueled with food. Anyhow this post is turning out to be about you which is good. We need to nail this thing..

Thread Information